Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
vivk.
About half way down the beachfront, you will find "East Riders", Usually fronted by George and Phil. I've known them both for about 8 years. They are good honest people, and will always take time to talk to you if you book trips with them or not. There are plenty more places to book trips, but i've only ever used them to be honest.
So, what is the 'must do' trip, bearing in mind that I will probably only do 1 organised trip in the week I am there, although I will travel about a bit on the local dolmus
Several posts containing references to a tour guide known as Bloody Gorgeous have been removed from this topic. Some of the content was negative and potentially libelous, while some of the content was positive and complimentary. However, to remove just the content which was risky to us a site may leave the topic with an unbalanced view, and so it was felt best to remove all references to him. We would ask members to make no further comments, positive or negative, about Bloody Gorgeous.

Many thanks
David :wave
The best trip (I think ) is Saklikent The Gorge. Its beautiful there and the Trout farm you visit for lunch is also really nice. Its a cool place with lots of shade. When we went you could walk up the gorge if you wanted. We dutifully followed our guide for a while and then realised it was far too hard work walking through the cascading water over boulders and rocks. It was much nicer finding somewhere to sit down and had a beer and relax in the shade.

The paragliding from Mount Babadag is also a must. The best way to view the lagoon!

The boat trips are all good, well worth the money.

So nice.................can't wait to go back in September
That sounds good, we like walking, and will probably feel in need of some exercise half way through a week of all inclusive!
We also loved the Saklient Gorge trip. All of us including my two teens who are hard to please when it comes to trips. :rofl

Wasn't overly impressed with the mudbaths, but it was packed and the height of summer. Glad we did it once but wouldn't go back. Would do the Gorge again.

The other thing that is really nice to do is to go up to Kaya Koy (think thats spelt right) the ghost village. You can either go up there under your own steam as we did, but it's a bit hit and miss as you don't get any of the history you would get with a tour guide, but my kids enjoyed it as it seemed a bit of an adventure, getting lost in there.

Or I think some of the TO's do late afternoon/evening trips up there, give you a bit of history and you then have an evening meal looking out as the sun goes down.

Mmm. Sounds so good it make you want to go back.

Doe :wave
I'm hoping to get some advice on where to book boat trips. I'm staying in Olu Deniz, are we better to book there or at the next town? Read somewhere about it being difficult to get into the boat in Olu :que we are group of 6 all fit and able bodied so that isn't a problem to us.
I'm going with my sister and we have 4 teenagers between us, i think jeep safari would be fun for them ...any advice on booking- with who and price??

Staying at Hotel Alize 3rd July for a week, any one else going same time, would be lovely to meet up.

thanks
Lots of boat trips leave from Olu deniz beach. Occasionally the sea can be a bit rough, ie.biggish waves, as there is no jetty the gang plank wofts up and down. If you are all fit you will have no problem. You can buy surfer type shoes for the beach which are a must for going in the sea there, as the shifting stones make it difficult to stand in the shallow water. You are likely to loose flip flops if you try to wear them in the waves. Its all part of the fun. If not you can get collected and taken to Fethiye harbour to start your boat trip, also nice!
I think you will be fine if you are all able bodied. I wouldn't bother going to Fethyie if you can get what you want in Olu. One of the advantages of Fethyie is you may get more choice of boats and possibly a more competative price. But it will be easier if you are staying in Olu to go from there.
There were several boats on the beach and yes negotating to get in could be fun but the trip was good and they were really cheap. One boat had a slide coming off it.

The only downside was the meal (which for the price don't expect much) but if you're anything like my boyfriend he does like a good fill and was starving by the time we got off the boat so we said if we did it again we would make sure we took some with us. Otherwise what a fab day.

The jeep safaria is also a must, we had such a great time. You spend a lot of time getting wet, which adds to it, visited the trout farm which was lovely and then on the way back stopped at a petrol station that had a swimming pool in order to cool off!! My boyfriend also did the paraglide and loved it. We also did the Dalaman trip. Were there this time last year and had an amazing time. Would be going back this year but going to Rhodes on Saturday as there is a two day rock festival.
Great thanks for the replies. We'll settle for Olu then and buy some beach shoes.

Is there any recommended travel agent or beach agent that does the best boat trips? Preferably with food and drink included.
The boat trip from Olu Deniz goes to different places compared with the '12 islands' one out of Fethiye, which local agents will also sell you. So it also depends on where you want to go and whether you have done either before. One website which describes the trips available is http://www.hamishmcturk.com and there is also http://www.caroletayfun.com Both are worth a look to give you a general idea of excursions and boat trips.
We went with Easyriders/Metrolya for all of our trips and we could't grumble. Didn't find any trips though where all your drinks were included.

One place not to miss is the Seahorse Beach Club in the Lagoon. It's past the fancy place and you walk down and there is a restaurant on stilts, there are some caravans and then walk down to the beach where there is an octagan bar, pedalos, canoes etc. They are really really friendly there and will also take you back to your hotel and pick you up if you want.

http://www.seahorsebeachclub.com/default.asp?i=area
thanks mehmeh, are the trips from caroletayfun booked from Olu Deniz..is there a booking office there?

sooze29, thank you the seahorse looks great, can you just walk down there even if you aren't booked in their accommodation?
Hi read my post on the resort it may help
The trips are best booked online in advance as they give a good discount for doing so. If you can't decide on days/dates in advance, you can book in person whilst you're there at their offices in Hisaronu or on the harbour front in Fethiye

http://www.caroletayfun.com
Yes you don't need to stay there, they don't over charge for sunbeds either whereas some do. Also if you are on the peninsular bit of the lagoon it gets really packed, whereas outside Seahorse isn't too bad. If there is the little guy behind the bar he is great, and they all take the pee out of him.
Buy your beach shoes here as they are cheaper.If you are booking a few trips stick to one agency and they should knock a few lira off.I would really recommend you book the trips going from fethiye .My daughter who is 18 nearly had the skin taken off her back when getting of the boat in olu( the plank flips up quite high with the waves and that was in july).Never again.Also Gocek on a sunday is another nice trip and the boat is not to busy it's about £6 and I think kids were free.
Hi all going to olu deniz in a few weeks, and would like to know if any would let me know of any good travel agents to book a couple of trips, maybe the turltle island trip, and the mud baths etc.
Would like to know if there is any that may stand out from the rest for safety, value for money, friendly and so on.
Thanks for any replies, jim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.