Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Looking Ahead
5 Posts
Dave,
Gran Canaria is very active in February. However there are a lot of Scandinavians about at this time
I was there only 3 weeks ago and the weather was very pleasant during day [25 C] but cooler in the evenings when a light jacket or sleeved T shirt was necessary.

Puerto Rico is mainly populated by the Brits on holiday whilst Maspalomas and Playa Del Ingles will have more Germans.

The main resorts are for tourists but there are many places where you can get away from these if you wish.

I would, however, recommend you hire a car to see Gran Canaria at its best
Thanks for that, Fenman.

We always do hire a car - airport pick up and drop off - so will get away from the crowds.

Dave
We were there in Feb, 2 cloudy days and the rest red hot bikini weather, beach etc.
Quite a few scandis about at that time.
I would recommend it over the other canaries in Feb as it is meant to be a few degrees warmer.
I love puerto rico myself and thats where we always go !!!!!!
just got back yesterday weather was brilliant in daytime needed a cardy at night , most bars only had a handful of people in it except for the yumbo centre that was really busy as all the gay people go there, place was full of germans ., skandiks etc who i found very ignorant and not friendly at all , i stayed at playa del ingles, went to perto rico for the day seemed much busier although most accomodation is on the hill so take ya walking boots with you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.