Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Jim,

What would be helpful to us is more up to date exchange rate info for The Leva as Sterling has really taken a REAL bashing. The best I can find 2.37 Leva to the £...blimey, it was 2.75 to the £ back in 06..!!!

You will find today's cash rate in 3 Bulgarian high street banks in my regularly updated (at least, until next Thursday) post HERE. You had a pretty poor rate in 2006, I was receiving 2.88-2.91 on average last year on my Nationwide Flex Debit Card and a similar rate in 2006.

As the Lev is directly pegged to the Euro at the official Bulgarian National Bank rate of €1 = 1.95583 Leva, expect any fluctuations in the Sterling/Euro rate to be reflected in the Sterling/Lev rate.

See recent posts, such as Tonyt's posts of 23rd May & 1st June in this thread, his prices refer to Albena but will be similar enough to those in Golden Sands to give you some idea.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.