Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Golden Sands Q@As
157 Posts
We were in Golden Sands last summer. If you like horseriding there are lovely stables in Albena which is a short taxi ride away. We also found the waterpark in Golden Sands to be a good day out.

A lot of the hotels offer the beauty treatments. I played safe and went for a pedicure which was wonderful and excellent value for money.
:D Hi Charlie78,

Sorry can't tell you anything about your hotel however there are quite a few entries in the hotel reviews link at the top left of the page regarding your hotel.
I was in Golden Sands in May 2004 and absolutely loved it, as regards massage me and my partner had a few sessions at our hotel (kaliakra Palace) and they were absolutely wonderful my partner suffers from sciatica(don't know if I spelled that right!!) and his were slightly more expensive than mine but if I remember right it was about £15-£25 a session in our hotel however you could get them cheaper in the tents on the beach but I can't vouch how good they were. As for things to do and see I would definitely reccommend that you spend some time in the City of Varna, it has the most lovely Sea Gardens which seem to go on forever fantastic restaurants, bars and amazing museums ( if you are in to that kind of thing) and if you think Golden Sands is cheap Varna is even cheaper!! There were lots of companies offering days out in Nessebur however it is probably cheaper to hire a taxi for the day providing there are at least four of you in your party that is, around £25-£30 for the whole day and the benefit is that you do everything at your own pace instead of being part of a coach party. Anything else feel free to ask and someone on the board will be more than happy to help. Hope you have a great time.

Scruffyish

PS. I'm going back to Bulgaria in May again but to Albena this time and I'm counting the days already!!
Thank you so much for your replies - I am very excited now, how am I going to be able to wait til June!!!!! :P

Varna sounds great and also the water park.

Thanks again!

Charlie
Hi Charlie your hotel is situated at the begining of the resort .It is a very nice hotel ,as you know it is three hotels as it was once known as the Crown plaza before the other two hotels was built ,had a meal in it last year and it was very good .we tried to book it for this year but it was fully booked ,so we are going back to the dana palace we go 8july.we have been going to golden sands since 1994 and have seen many changes .A visit to varna is a must as it has a lot of interesting things to see .so hope you have a grand time
Hi charlie when you are in golden sands,remember to take time to visit varna the cathedral is well worth a visit and there are plenty of good shops there as well, also a place not to miss for a visit is Balchik the gardens and the palace are again worth seeing the palace was the summer residence of queen Victorias daughter, also worth a day trip down to Nessebar (go by taxi not Balkans tour) :? :lol: :D
Varna is a must - the dolphinarium, the cathedral, the sea gardens, the pedestrianised central area

Balchik as well - the royal gardens and the sea views are difficult to forget

Evksinograd - the gardens

Saint Constantine and Elena resort
Thanks very much for all your advice - I will certainly check out Varna.

Wishing you all a fantastic holiday this year, wherever you go.

Charlie

ps I may be back with more questions soon!!! :wink:
Hi!
We are from 14th to 21st of July at Golden Sands - who's there at the same time???
:?:

*Edit website removed-Glynis*
I`ll probably have som day-trips there from Sunny Beach around that time.

You can look forward to some hot sunny days at a perfect beach! :D
My husband and i will be in golden sands from 8 July till 23July we have been goining now for 11Years you will find it warm and all the local people very helpfull .There is a lot of night life for the young 8) :lol: and old plenty of tours to go on so enjoy your holiday as Bulgaria is now the new Spain :bow
My husband and i will be in golden sands from 8 July till 23July we have been going now for 11Years you will find it warm and all the local people very helpfull .There is a lot of night life for the young 8) :lol: and old plenty of tours to go on so enjoy your holiday as Bulgaria is now the new Spain :bow
Hi June52
We are going to hotel kristal golden sands 30 june till 14 july it is our first time to bulgaria we are a family of 6 2 adults 4 kids.Which hotel are you staying in?Would apreciate any info you may have on resort ie things for the kids to do good eating places etc.
Willmurr6
There are endless things for the kids to do, all considerably cheaper than in U.K. Places to eat everywhere loads of choice, Amphora down on the beach is good, there is a Mcdonalds but I've heard it's about the same price as here. All the bars & restaurants are child friendly. As to Bulgaria being the new Spain not yet thank God but it is changing and will loose many tourists who like us have been going 2 and 3 times a year for many years in my case since '89. Do go into Varna before you buy anything in Golden Sands, the prices vary because Varna is where real Bulgarians shop and the average income is about £150 a month, they cannot afford the resort prices.
Hi!
Who's at Golden sands between 14th and 21st of july???
Maybe some nice girls - ÃÅ''ve to improve my english cause I'm austrian :roll:
who wants to see me can take a look at my homepage ;-)
http://www.pixelmania.at/user/burgi01

greetz
Hi Willmurr6 There is the the Aqua park there is a karaokein the muppets bar which is in the Perunika hotel,just up from the hotel is the Sochi which is very good to eat also Havana just further up 8) 8) :D :lol: Also the Parma is a good eating place it is on the front just along from the Admiral hotel .There are loads of things to do and plenty of eating places all good food We are going back to tha Dana Palace as it is a realy nice hotel Hope you all have a good time :lol: :lol:
Hi Willmurr6
You are only a very short walk from the Aquapolis(waterpark) Beware of Sinbads you may be told free show but it's not. Sinbads was the only place they have tried to rip us off. Our bill last year had a charge for the show and extra drinks on it, they slipped up and didn't realize I could read cyrillic. The Cherven Rak next door is better, no problem there.
I have seen the moderators map for sunny beach // has any one found a similar map of golden sands? indicating hotel and amenity sites.
There has been so much building in the last couple of years the map-makers cant keep up, added to that some hotels have been refurbished and changed their names. If you tell me name of specific hotel I'll probably be able to help re-position in resort and closeness to amenities.
Patka
I am staying in the hotel luna.
Many thanks p
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.