Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks for the info AguilaMike.

Does anyone know how long the train takes?

Jackiex
:sun2
Can anyone help - there are 8 of us going to Benalmadena (to the Benalmadena Palace Hotel) in August. I have done some research and found the following transfer deals to from Malaga return:

* Shuttledirect - £9.23 per person each way = £147.68 (on a coach I think??)
* Resorthoppa - £121.00 return in private taxi (minibus for up to 8) * Holidaytaxis - £100.80 retrun (as above)
* Nots sure how much just to get in a taxi (unbooked) from the airport ??

So on the face of it Holidaytaxis seems the best deal and they do Quidco too. Anyone been with any of the above and could recommend any, or advise on any I should steer clear??

Thanks in advance! :wave:
Eight people = 2 taxis. A taxi off the airport taxi rank will cost €25 per taxi per journey so you are looking at a maximum cost of €100 (~£70) return for 8 people.

There is a small surcharge after 10:30pm.

A.M.
Does anyone know how much a taxi is from airport to torremolinos ,thanks
Merged with existing topic which should have some information.

luci :wave
Official Malaga taxi fares are:-

6:00am to 10:00pm = €0.75 per km. Minimum fare to/from airport = €8.00

10:00pm to 6:00am = €0.90 per km. Minimum fare to/from airport = €9.00

Public holidays = €1.10 per km. Minimum fare to/from airport = €10.00

A.M.
Tring to find out how much a taxi would be from malaga airport to las piramides hotel fuengirola. thanks mazza
i pre booked last yr to benalmadena and was ripped off and had to phone company twice from airport turned up a hour late.
wasnt going to pre book this yr but there is 5 of us this time just wondered if anyone as used A2B transfers or hotel hoppa as they are the cheapest
post merged... have a look through this topic for recomendations

wizard
Sarlee, we just got back from Fuengirola. We got the train from Malaga airport to the resort, it runs regularly throughout the day. The train stops at Benalmadena. It cost us €1.80 each (Fuengirola is further away than Benalmadena), but have some euros in change available as Malaga airport train station is unmanned and only has a machine. We then got a taxi from Fuengirola train station to our hotel.
Currently, Malaga airport does have some stairs up to the platform, so I don't recommend it if you have a disability. Although the airport is undergoing reconstruction.
The train station at Malaga airport will eventually be an underground station
with lifts giving direct access to the arrivals and departures halls.

A.M.
Brilliant!

I did notice the building work, and read a little about what was planned. But didn't really know details.
Can any one tell me if i can get a cheaper transfer from Malaga to Calahonda?I have been quoted over 100 euros,is this right or can i gat it cheaper?
Many thanks in advance.
Mallorca car transfers
Has any one used this company?I have had a good price quoted from Malaga to Calahonda,and wondered if anyone has any good/bad experiences with them.
Thanks
Pat ... it seems to be a Majorca based resort transfer company, which also acts as a booking agent for transfer operators at some other Spanish destinations. It's possible that only your reservation would be handled by that company, and the actual transfer would be operated by someone else.

David :wave
Thanks for your reply.I dont like to book with a company i don't know much about,and i usually book with shuttledirect,but the prices are 30 euros more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.