Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
You'll pay around 25 euros from Fuengirola train station to Calahonda, and, yes, that would work out cheaper than a taxi all the way from the airport, which could be as much as 60e.
You could save a good bit more if you took the train to Fuengirola, then jumped on the Marbella bus that stops at Calahonda. As I remember, that bus fare is only 1.30e.
Thanks for the reply. Getting the bus sounds like a really good option from Fuengirola as it sounds like it would save us a lot more money. Would you know how long it would actually take on the bus to Calahonda?

Thanks again.
Yes, it will take approximately 25 minutes to get to Calahonda, depending on the number of people picked up and dropped off. The link below gives all the stops en route. http://www.gomarbella.com/costadelsolbuses/bus-stops-between-marbella-fuengirola.htm
Hi everyone,

Can't believe I've just found this forum. It has been so helpful so far.

Just need a few things cleared up.

We (2 adults, 3 children aged 12,11,3) are arriving at Malaga @ 2055 on Wednesday. Have given up hope of a hire car because of the prices (up to £190 this week).

I am trying to find the most realistic and cheap way to Riviera Park / Calahonda area at that time of night.

I believe the last train from Malaga to Fuengirola is 2230, so we should be ok with that. How do we then get from Fuengirola to Calahonda? Will we catch the last bus or will we have to get a taxi?

Sorry for all the questions for my first post!!! Thanks in advance fo any answers!
The last Fuengirola-Marbella bus leaves at 11pm and you will surely make it. Timetable below. If you miss it, you will need to pick up a taxi at Fuengirola station. I also include the rail timetable for Wednesday.
http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/fuengirola.pdf?1
http://www.renfe.com/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html
Great thanks.

Might be better getting a taxi from Fuengirola to be on the safe side. Kids will be kanckered and I'd prefer to just get them straight to the apartment to bed!! Bus would probably drop us off down the bottom and the apartment is some walk away!!

Thanks for the timetables though.
I think you'll have a problem using a taxi because they are only licensed to carry 4 passengers.

One alternative is to use an airport transfer company such as resorthopper.

A.M.
Won't they have the MPV's that seat 7 passengers available? This is what we've used mostly when we've been away in the last year or so.

On another note, do taxis carry child/booster seats?
There won't be any MPV's on the taxi rank at Fuengirola station. You'll need to pre-book one.

A.M.
Not completed according to the RENFE website. Trains are still terminating at the main line station.

http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/mapa_zonas.html

AM.
We arrive in Malaga at 17:15 on a sunday. We plan to catch the train to Fuengirola and the bus to Calahonda. We don't have any Spanish and we can't find an english version of the train website so could somebody help me with. Sunday trains airport to Fuengirola
How long will this take?
Please confirm the only busses are 18:40 and 20:15
Thank you
Hi all booked, hotel and now flights
My flight is from EMA and is due to land at Malaga 19.45 and it is at the end of September ( Fri 25th), and will be getting dark by then. Should I still get a train or get a taxi? if a train which station do I get off? I'm travelling alone. I am staying at the El Tiburon.

Thank you
Dawnie-Rob :wave
Montemar Alto would be the nearest,whether there will be any taxis at the station at that time of night?Might be worth considering getting off at Torremolinos, where there is a more likelihood of taxis.
Hi all booked, hotel and now flights
My flight is from EMA and is due to land at Malaga 19.45 and it is at the end of September ( Fri 25th), and will be getting dark by then. Should I still get a train or get a taxi? if a train which station do I get off? I'm travelling alone. I am staying at the El Tiburon

Hi Dawn
I don't mean to be personal or pry, but this really depends on whether you want the convenience of a taxi from the airport and whether the cost outstrips the "inconvenience " of the train.

You have a few options....
As you come out of the arrivals hall in Malaga airport there is the door facing you ahead, and there's another door on your right.
Go through the door on your right and straight outside is the taxi rank.
To the El Tiburon, the cost should be approx 20 euros, always ask the price before you get into the taxi chose how busy or pressured you may feel, and if they "try it on" and quote more than a couple of euros higher than 20 euros"¦..refuse it and rejoin the queue for another taxi"¦.you should be in your hotel within 15 mins.

Although Montemar Alto is the nearest station to La Carihuela, I wouldn't recommend this for several reasons.
1. It will be getting dark
2. You're a woman on her own
3. You don't know the way down from the station to Carihuela and it's about 15 minute walk albeit downhill, and it's all jolly well and good if you know where you're going"¦"¦.walking down in the daytime with a male is entirely different than the situation you will be in, plus I have never seen a taxi at Montemar Alto station"¦day or night.

The other option to save some money would be to get on the train at the Airport and get off the train in Torremolinos.
If you use the train, there are two things to remember.
1. Get your ticket before you get on the train, do not think that you can pay on the train because if the inspector comes on, you will be penalised and charged nearly as much as the cost of a taxi from the airport, plus you need the ticket to put through the barrier at Torremolinos.
2. If you haven't any euro coins for the ticket machine, if possible put your lowest denominator note in"¦..which would be a 5 euro and the machine will give you the change.

If you decide to take this option and get the train to Torremolinos"¦..
As you come up the steps and out of the station you enter the plaza (square) kindda sideways, so, with your back to the station walk RIGHT and at the end of the plaza (a minute away) before you cross the road, look left and there is a taxi rank.
The cost should be 6 or 7 euros to the Tiburon.

If you're travelling light and have no disabilities, the steps should be no problem, there's about 12 to the platform at the Airport, due the track being modernised at the moment, and there's probably twice as many after the ticket barrier, as you come out from under Torremolinos station, and up into the plaza.

You'll have to decide and weigh up the options, what you spend on a taxi one way, maybe you can save money by getting the train back to the Airport at the end of your holiday.?
Further help regarding Malaga Airport and the station are probably in this thread somewhere, but, there's no point going into that until you decide"¦...
IMO :Torremolinos is where you need to get off the train at that time of night for taxi's and have no worries about the trains, they run every 30mins, there'll be more than just you using it from the airport, you're only on it for 11 minutes and they put ours to shame !

Sanji
When we stayed at El Tiburon we got a taxis from the airport and I think it was around 20/25 euros each way. To be honest I personaly would get a taxis. We did walk from the El Tiburon up to Montemar Alto and thought for a short break and travelling light in the day time in would be possible to use the train but any other time I personaly wouldn`t bother. The area you walk through is mainly residential and downhill to the resort but the return journey would be up hill and would be a bit of a hike with a suitcase.
Hi all
I am thinking of getting a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Has anybody used a company called Transfer Del Sol? They are on the web, just looking at the various firms to see the cost. I have noticed La Cariheula is never listed in destination list.

Thank you
Dawnie-Rob :wave
Hi All - can anyone tell me how much a Taxi from Malaga Airport to Fuengirola (arrival 2:00 am) will cost please?

Thanks
L
Hi all
I am thinking of booking with Malaga taxi services, they have quoted me a price. I have opted to pay the driver rather than pay up front. I have emailed them with my flight and date details.
I have had a reply back now, but they have asked me for my mobile and passport no.
The mobile I am not surprised by but why would they want my passport no. this I feel uncomfortable with. Has anyone used this company and had to supply this rather confidential information?

Dawnie-Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.