Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
hello again sanji, and everyone..........2 weeks tonight we hope to be spending our first night in fungerola ( excuse spelling)........we are travelling with flexible trips, booked with thomas cook office in Belfast. Has anyone used "jumbo transfers " either private taxi or shuttle bus , from and to malaga airport ?........this is the company being used by flexible trips........
I have been reading up on the many varied threads dealing with costa del sol, and I am glad to have found you all..........the wife ( her who has to be obeyed lol, is shouting on me to put the kettle on........bless. ) looking forward to reading any info you may have

harry
Hi Trying to get a quote for 11 people from malaga airport to benalmadena have the prices suddenly got sky high getting quotes of £200+ anyone know of any cheaper companies

Gary
hi again everyone,

tomorrow we leave for home afer a great holiday. we are not using the flexible trips " jumbo bus " transfer to malaga airport, but a taxi instead. I had some issues on arrival 2 weeks ago with them, and yesderday when i phoned they said that transfer would pick us up at 8.30am, and what with collecting at other hotels etc etc, and easy jet closing the desk at 10.20am, too risky and a rush i dont need or want............being times out again here so will add more when i get home
great hol great weather

harry
Hi
We are going to La Carihuela in July and landing at Malaga. I know i have read a lot about how easy the trains are but as there are Two adults three teenagers and a 3 year old (with lots of luggage) we really want to use some airport transfer even if more expensive than trains. We do not want to use shared transport we need either a minibus or 2 taxis
Has anyone used resort Hoppa (i have read bad and good about them) or any other companys they could recomend?
Thanks for any advice :)
Jo x
gentleharry=plenty off time to get to airport its only down the road.

jojoxxx2001=r/hopper is a very good company.don;t know your dates but its around £78.00 for a mini bus holds 8 people.
Just a bit of information on Taxi prices, we missed the last train from the Airport to Fuengirola last week so had to take a taxi it was 43 Euro for two at 1145 pm driver said it would have been 34 Euro normal times. Hope this may be of interest to someone.

Also did a bus from Fuengirola to Gibraltar this was 8.62 Euro each one way, worth buying a ticket the day before you intend going as we tried to get on the 10:30 and it was full had to wait for the 15:00 if you buy a ticket in advance it gives you a guaranteed seat, we did this for the return from La linia two days before we came back with no problem.

Ed
I just booked my transfer with this company
http://www.airporttransfers.co.uk/
Malaga to Benalmadena costa return trip for 2 people £22.32
Think I got it right, there is a direct bus from Malaga Airport to Estapona.
A company called Avansabus ?
Any idea how much this costs?
Yeh........thought of that one aleady :duh !!!

Website is confusing. On Home page it says there is a service, when you go into Timetables / Prices it then says 'no sevices' ????
There are 4 a day weekdays 07:00 10:00 13:15 21:00 and its 8.07 euros single.Maybe it might be worth going to Torremolinos or Fuengirola bus stations to see if they run more frequent.
Thanks,
10.00 is perfect for us.

Do you happen to know, do you buy tickets on the bus?
There is a Malaga Airport-Estepona bus run by Portillo, which takes one hour, 15 minutes and costs 10.10 euros. Buy your ticket on the bus. Times on this link.
http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/aeropuerto.pdf
Ah! thanks :)
Saw this website last night but wasn't sure about buying tickets, then linked to this other page about buying tickets on-line, that said there were no buses!!!, then started getting very late..........anyway, sorted now :)
Hi what is the cost of a taxi from airport to Sahara sunset club arriving about 10.30am many thanks
BM around €26-28, or you could get the train @ €1.55c to Arroyo/Benalmadena, and from there, a taxi down to SS for around €7-8, the taxi rank is outside train station..
We are going with Jet2 to Malaga airport on October 4th..does anyone know if we go through passport control in Terminal 2 or the new Terminal 3....we are only taking hand luggage and intend getting the train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola.. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.