Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Train from airport to Malaga, taxi from station.
Plenty to do and see. what interests you? As for eating the chirungito (sp) "Tintero" at El Palo is an experience. Weekend lunch times are best.
jimg

Train easy to find at airport ?

pipefitter

Looking for a nice wee bar to pass some time and somewhere I can get a nice steak. The good lady has never been to the Costa Del Sol so was thinking of trying to do a whistlestop tour of the resorts. I seem to recall from the forums there is a train goes along the coastline.

Appreciate both your replies.

Wilson ;)
Wilson,

train is very easy to find. After you have collected your luggage walk to the exits and make your way to the upper level. Walk along the outside of the building throught the car park and its about a 5 minute walk to the station. It is well sign posted, look for the word, "TREN", I think thats whats its called. Also look for the words "RENFE"
Have some Euro coins tp pay for the journey as there is a ticket machine on the platform.
No idea how much it is but it wont be expensive
Trains are regular always on time and comfortable and the announcements on the train are in Spanish and English

Try this link as well

http://www.malaga-airport-guide.com/blog/2008/10/malaga-train-station.html

Stewart
You can take your luggage trolley all the way to the airport train station. Someone going in the opposite direction will be very pleased to take it back !

Mike.
Stewart / Mike

Thanks for the info. Was doing some reading up tonight and it seems Malaga has more to offer that I thought. Have to be honest and say I only picked it because it was a Ryanair destination.

Wilson ;)
Due to the construction work at airport train station (It may be completed now) there is/was only a single track.Just check before the train arrives that it is going to Malaga not Fuengirola.Easy way is,once on platform with your back to airport terminal, train arriving from your right is Malaga train.
Wilson

I will be going to Fuengirola and I am hoping to go into Malaga. Any decent websites with info on Malaga that you can direct me to as I fancy a wee day trip to Malaga

Stewart
Stewart

Not in particular, I just googled 'Malaga' and delved into quite a few. Didn't save any of them I'm afraid ...

Wilson ;)
Stewart. I take it you have found malagatourismo.com
Just back yesterday from our three day break in Malaga. We thought the Hotel was very good and in an excellent location, only downside it's located near a major roundabout and you hear the traffic very early. Stunning views of the old Castle, the extensive gardens and the port area from our balcony. Did lots of walking despite the rain and found lots of wee bars to our liking, neither I nor the good lady speak Spanish but found 'dos vinto tinto' did the trick everywhere we went. Took a bus into Torremolinos and had a walk about there but the bad weather meant we cut that trip short. All in all a nice wee break and would certainly head back to Malaga.

Wilson ;)
Wilson, glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay, the rain has been nearly non stop since Dec 17th, very unseasonal, but hope you make another trip, and enjoy the CDS sunshine. x
I was in Fuengirola between 4 and 11 February and found the weather to be generally OK. T shirt weather most of the day although a bit colder at night. The only real rain we had was on 10 Feb between around 14.00 and 22.00

stewart
Only been a couple of dry days since mid December. This week has been the worse with many roads cut off and houses flooded.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.