Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thats sealed it for me then...I was on the verge of booking for 1st week in June....now going to use the Terminal Car Park. Does anybody know if there is an Executive Lonuge in Terminal 3 ??
barnio,

The only lounges in T3 are the BA, Bmi and Flybe. Access depends on who you're flying with and your status with them.

Darren
Hi there, we are getting the train through to Manchester and want to use the day before check in before going to our hotel since this seemed to be the easiest way of doing things. Anybody used it before and how easy is it to get to the airport from the station then on to premier inn?

Thanks for any help :tup
alexkeirmaxmum,

I take it you're travelling with Thomson Airways? They are based in Terminal 2 that's about 10-15 minutes stroll from the rail terminal. The check-in desk are some of the first as you enter the check-in area in T2, desks 10-36 from memory. Day before checkin is straight forward but has the disdvantage of you not having access to your luggage for a change of clothes etc but saves the hassle of having to check-in the following morning. It's simple enough, it's just like regular check-in and all passengers must be present. More details on Thomson Airways website. The Premier Inn is about a mile from the terminal or 0.75 mile from the train station. It's about 20 minutes walk down Runger Lane. There's a shuttle bus, not sure if there's a charge though.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I thought we would just keep a change in our hand luggage, I usually do this anyway just in case we lose a case, wouldn't be the first time :whoops

We have never taken the train before so this will be test, will report back on how easy or not it is when we get back. ;)

Thanks again
Getting the train to manchester airport is really easy, the last stop is the airport, and with walking ramps which will take you directly into the airport, what way you go all depends on what terminal

As for hotels, you do know the radison is right in the airport, and room costs at the moment around £79
I'm flying out of T1 this Friday at 13:40 and looking to book fast track security as we'll only be getting to the airport about 2 hours before the plane is due to leave so don't want to risk the stress of long security queues ....

Does it really make a difference, and does anybody know on the manchester airport website if you put in the time you expect to go through security or the time of your flight?

Thanks.
I just put the time I expect to go through security. Does it make a difference? That all depends on how many people are going throught security, and how many people have bought fast track passes. The last two times I've been through Manchester the difference was negligible.
Thanks sunaddict, I think the emirates a380 flies out just after us, along with some Canada flights around the same time, so after finding a 20% off code for lounges and fast track decided to book it to be on the safe side ......
Fast track, and loungers are pointless for me this year, 6am flight, and going through security at 3am, so hopefull there hardly anyone queuing

Although 2 yrs ago, flight was at the same time, and security, became quickly busy, so it just shows you, you think 3am, should be quiet, but its not
Hi Joseptuk,

that sounds a good deal but there are 7 of us and so would need at least two rooms. Not sure if Radisson do family rooms but anyway we booked Premier for £39 per room.

Bargain ;)
Things aren't looking good for those travelling from MAN tonight/tomorrow morning. Reports on several sites including their own are that they are due to run out of fuel at around 6pm tonight due to contaminated fuel at Ellesmere Port

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1580781_manchester-airport-set-to-run-out-of-fuel-with-passengers-facing-flights-chaos

pallan
On the Fast Track do they check what time you have requested to use the service.
can any one suggest if there is anything to do in the area surrounding man airport staying at a airport hotel overnight but will have an afternoon and night to kill and wonder if there is any where to visit etc thank you for any response xx
petaraven,

Other than the Runway Viewing Park, there's not a lot to do around the airport really. You can easily get a train in to Manchester from the airport for the afternon / evening though.

Darren
You could get a bus into Altrincham, Wilmslow or Knutsford for a meal/shopping. Or maybe you will have your car? If so loads of places to go within a few miles.
Hi Darren, wonder if you can help me?
My DIL and our 4 young grandchildren are coming back from Melbourne at the end of the month. She will have (probably) 6 suitcases was well as the kiddys with her. Can we arrange assistance for her at the airport? Cant see how she will managed to get the suitcases off the carousel and watch the kids. Where would we apply for this? and do you know the cost involved?
Many thanks
denny.53,

Airport assistance at MAN is operated by OCS. It's normally only for assisting less able bodied passengers though. It might be worth asking them to see if they can assist, booked through the airline they are travelling with normally.

Darren
What on earth has gone wrong with the previously efficient Manchester Airport T2 Longstay car park?
When I arrived on 11th September the park was so jammed full and overbooked that dozens of cars couldn’t find parking spaces and had simply left their cars in the access lanes. The place was such a mess that the terminal buses couldn’t get around the car park and thus were only picking up and dropping people at the car park entrance.
And when I returned on 25th of September – the place was STILL in a horrible mess with cars parking in lanes everywhere. This must provide serious stress for folk who have pre-booked and then arrive to find nowhere to park their cars. And then have to leave them in access lanes, worrying whether when they return from holiday whether their car will still be there, unclamped.
Have Manchester Airport given up trying to properly manage this?
I spoke to the bus driver - his comment was that "They are always overbooking this park!"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.