Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've used the Manchester Airport "contact us" facility to try to get an answer on the above.
But no response yet. I'll post anything I get from them.
But meanwhile, HT travellers should beware Manchester Airport longstay carparks. You may have to just dump your car in an access road, even if you have prebooked and prepaid!
I promised I'd post any response I got from Manchester Airport.
They have now responded to my criticism of massive overbooking of Longstay Park 2 and have apologised stating that it's due to the peak summer season (in mid-September??!!), folk deciding to stay away longer than booked, and poor weather delaying construction work.
I used the car park longstay 2 again last week and the situation did seem somewhat better, and when I returned on 14th October there were no cars parked on access roads at all.
So it's better now, and they did apologise, which is nice. :)
Hi, all. I am flying to Alicante with Ryanair on 19th January. Never used them before or flown from T3 so just wanted to ask - where are the bag drop desks located? How far is T3 from the station? (I might travel by train!) and, finally, is Ryanair really as bad as they say for boarding (i.e. a free-for-all) if you don't have priority boarding? Many thanks in advance.
prawn,

Just head for departures (upstairs in T3) and the bag drop off desks are normally on the right as you go up the escalator / stairs. They're well signed on the screens above the desks. T3 is probably 10-15 minutes walk from the station and is outside so you might need a brolly if it's raining. Have a look at the Ryanair topic with regards to boarding but yes, it can be a bit of a scrum when boarding is called.

Darren
Thanks for that, Darren - knew I could rely on you for the info. Might just wait until everyone is on board and then see who the unlucky person is that gets me next to them! ;) Travelling alone so don't need to worry about how many seats there are together.
Thanks again - and a very Happy New Year to you and yours! :cheers
Sometimes its not just about seating but sometimes if last(ish) on the plane you could be forced to sit at the back and your hand luggage stowed at the front due to lack of overhead space where you sit.

Depends how critical your hand luggage is to you during a flight!

Chris
I realise that can happen, Chris, but as I am checking in luggage I would only be taking a very small bag into the cabin. On other flights I have always put this particular bag under the seat in front - is this allowed on Ryanair? :think
prawn,

Providing the bag is small enough to fit under the seat infront and doesn't obstruct the footwell, potentially impeding an emergency evacuation, it's fine.

Darren
Hi Guys,
We are getting married on June 1st this year and are flying to Santorini on the 4th from
T1, Can anyone recommend a Hotel and parking nearest to this terminal, have never flown from
Manchester so don't know it's lay-out.

Dot
dotchas,

Congratulations on the wedding, I hope you have a great day. There are plenty of options on park and stay deals at Manchester Airport. It really depends what you are after and your budget. The Radisson is quite nice (some rooms have views over the apon), then their's Bewleys, Crown Plaza, Hilton plus others. At the other end of the scale and a little further away, there's the Premier Inn. Have a look on Machester Airports website, you can get prices for park and stay for the duration.

Darren
Thanks Darren, been having a wee look and Bewley's seems to be closest, not too early a
flight as I am not a morning person :lol:

Dot
For anyone who pre-books Manchester Airport longstay carparks
– I’ve just had an Email to say that the procedures for entry/exit have changed.

Previously one inserted the pre-book credit card into the reader to gain entry/exit but now apparently there are automatic number plate readers for entry and the terminal gives you a ticket to get exit.
It’s a significant change, and might catch some folk like me who aren’t at their brightest and best in the early hours of the morning. Also, I guess if you arrive in a different car to the registration booked, there’s going to be a bit of confusion.
Anyone tried it yet?
Has anyone recently stayed in the airport lounges at Manchester airport, we're travelling through during mid-afternoon in a few months time and i expect it's going to be really busy so i'm looking at possibly getting a lounge as it's quieter.

If anyone has been in either lounge in Terminal 1 (Escape or Servisair) could you please let know what kind of food is offered and what there is for entertainment?

Thanks.
ringmaster411,

I went in the Servicair the last time I went through MAN, only because it was a freebie from the airline I was travelling with. It wasn't busy but it very much depends on the time of year and day. They have tea, coffee, soft drinks as well as beers and 4 optics. They offer snacks such as coissants, muffens, buscuits and crisps with a view over peir B.

Darren
Escape Lounge at T1 is the best, have a look on Manchester Airports web page, you can download a menu.
What's the best car park to use for terminal 2, read really bad things about the meet & greet car parks!
Andreab,

There are lots of car parks in and around the airport. I use APH if I leave my car, although I mainly get a taxi as its roughly the same price as parking so the car stays at home. It's worth checking before looking at car parks. The jet parks are ok, but the last time I used them, the gravel surface was full of pot holes and puddles so not great for pulling suitcases over. Some are tarmaced though. Just shop around for the best deals as they'll vary subject to when you're travelling.

Darren
We always use Jet Parks Plus as it has a fully tarmaced surface and for us offers the best price v distance from terminals (about 10 mins) - a little less if travelling from T3 (first drop off).

Busses run every 15 minutes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.