Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Have stayed at Mar Ola 2 in 2000 and 2002. what do you want to know???
Hi Peter, just what the general cleanliness / facilities ( cooker fridge etc ) are like.
First year we stayed in Mar Ola 2 in a top floor apartment with a huge balcony overlooking the pool. Very nice and clean, bedlinen amd towels changed every other day cleaned every day. Small kitchenette with full size fridge if you wanted to cook??. Bathroom clean and tidy powerful shower i remember plenty of hot water. It was May when we went that year so a mixed crowd of families and some groups of lads and lasses. They were strict about noise after midnight. Some lads evicted for playing footbal IN their rooms. Police called one lad got a slap for answering back. Thomsons rep got them in another hotel but it cost them a packet so be warned.

Reception staff nice and friendly money change at a slight charge 2 euros each time i seem to think. Safes in the rooms 20 euros deposit which we got back at the end + rent 5 euros per night. Pool bar OK food a bit basic and slow Nice Pizza restaurant just outside the entrance and a great Indian Tigre Tigre over the road. 2 small supermarkets just down the road.

Second time we stopped in a small 1st floor studio on the road side above the Pizza restaurant. Not as good room very small and dark and lots of noise from road and the binmen very early in the morning. So make sure you get a pool side room
are the mar ola near the Udalla Park aparthotel??
yes the Mar Ola 1 apartments are right next door and the Mar Ola 2 is the next block up the road.
oh right I thought I had seen them on a map. i heard that the mar ola are on a steep hill??
No its on a flat road but it is right at the back of PDLA and it takes about 20-25 mins to walk down to the Veronicas. There is a short hill out of the back that goes down to the Las Vistas beach which is only about 5-10 minutes away.
oh right. i was just checking. had a panic that udalla was on a steep hill there too for a minute. ye i read its about 20 minute walk to town which is so annoying beacuse when i booked the travel agent said we were going to be right in town. they lie !!
Off to Tenerife soon - staying in in Mar Ola apartments all inclusive. Have read conflicting views. Going with two 14 year old girls and 11 year old boy. Is this going to be suitable, is pool clean etc. Bit worried as time gets nearer.

Any good excusions?

Thanks
First time i ever visited Tenerife we stayed at the Mar Ola but that was back in 1984 and at the time i dont think it was called Mar Ola. What i can say is that is was a brand new complex and we had no complaints at all.

Also had a walk past it last year and it looks in excellent condition, they must really keep up to date with the decor.

Pizza restaurant very good next door and tigre tigre over the road for a decent curry, but a friend of mine has just come back and he said he has had the best curry ever at a Indian next door to the Dreams Noila Sur Hotel. Does anyone know what the restaurant is called by any chance.
That Indian next to Noelia is right facing the Netto and is called Taste of India. It is up a small set of stairs. Tigre Tigre was closed when I was there in July :( Not sure if its permanent or just for holiday
Got what appeared to be a good deal for two adults and a child at the Mar Ola four years ago.
When we arrived it was a studio room. The bed for the child was a two seat couch (too short, as her feet hung over the side). When I complained at reception they said the bed may a little short, but this what I booked. Did not unpack and called the rep immediately, who said "thats no bed" as soon as she came in. They then brought up a bed but as it was a studio you had to climb over it to get to the balcony, which in my view was dangerous.
By then we had enough and requested to be moved. The rep got us moved to Laguna Park 1 at no extra charge. When we arrived the room was serviced and they thoughtfully left some cold bottled water. We have stayed at either Laguna 1 or 2 since then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.