Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Linda,

Marmaris certainly doesn't have a great beach. The sand is kind of gravelly and is very narrow at times. It isn't like some of the great beaches you get on say the Costas or Greece. That said, there are always lot's of people on it so it must have something. I'm not a beach person myself but I notice many of the bars and restaurants have their own bit of the beach with their own beds and parasols. I think many of them are free as long as you purchase a drink or two others you have to pay for. It stretches a fair bit and I'm certain there are bits where you can just put your towel down. I know many people prefer Icmeler beach and that might be worth a try as it's much wider with better sand. Good wee excursion for the kids too going there in either the Dolmus or Taxi Boat. The boat is lots more expensive but with great views. Hope you enjoy Marmaris, we do and heading back for the umpteenth time in July.

Wilson ;)
Thanks for the message, as long as the children can splash around in the sea and dig around in the sand/shingle then I am sure it will be fine.......at tleast the sea will be warm and clear....thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.