Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yummymummy,

Maria Rosa is on the main road in from Panjim. When you arrive in Calangute you come to the fancy roundabout with a fountain in the middle and a big church behind - the hotel is situated just there on the left hand side.
It's quite an old hotel and also quite big.

GFF xx
It used to be a very good Hotel years ago, we stayed there twice the staff were great in fact we still see a couple of them . I have been told the place is really run down ,filthy rooms.beds etc. been past it a few times and it looks a bit of a shambles , shame really because it had lovely gardens and a nice pool I even remember our room number(304) nice big room with two balconies one overlooking the paddy fields at the back of the hotel. Last feb we booked flight only and the dormhouse acc voucher was for the Maria Rosa . I wouldnt stay there unless you could get soeone to check the rooms out for you. Allan. :gluck
We stayed there about 5 years ago and it was great, very peaceful location - great views of paddyfields, the taxi drivers were a bit of a nightmare. We had a look in January and it looked really run down with no guests.
hi yummymummy

I booked the Maria Rosa last year.

I walked into the room and nearly walked straight back out. there was pills on the floor the sheets were disgusting and it was really dirty.

I only stayed there one night and then moved to the resort in candolim that i stayed in the time before.

I wouldnt recommmend it at all.

My auntie stayed there a few years ago and said it was a fantastic hotel, really clean, but it has really gone down hill.

Keejybaby x
keejybaby
it would be handy for others if you gave a brief review of it here. You may save others from booking it!
Stayed there with my wife and daughter a few years ago. The hotel was quiet and the room was tolerable, but they wanted a fortune for a/c. I would agree with the comment on the taxi drivers, they all wanted at least 50% above the going rate and were very unfriendly if you were unwilling to pay it. We lasted three nights and then moved to the Casblanca in Candolim. The hotel is not in a very good location either, I would not go back again.
Thanks for all your comments . i wont bother booking it then.
Thanks for saving me :)
I would say that you are doing the right thing, there is no shortage of decent places to stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.