Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Lady the market in Albufeira is on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. The first one in August is 7th and then the 21st. September is the 4th and the 18th. Hope this helps. Cheers Jayjan
hi jayjan can you tell me where the market is about in albufiera .I have never ever seen a market there in last few years and would like to go.I will be in albufiera from 13th september for 7 days
Hi Izzee. The market is just outside of the old town. When you pass the Watches roundabout near Modelo(If you are coming from The Strip) carry on and you will come to traffic lights, Look for the fire station (Bombeiros) on the right hand corner of the main drag road , turn right into the road at the side of it and go up maybe approx 200yds & the market is on the left hand side. Hope this helps . Cheers Jayjan.
Thanks for your quick response. I am going on Thursday 9th August for 2 weeks so I can catch the 21st.

What time is the market on and is it very big?
Hi Lady the approx times are from 08.30hrs to around 14.00hrs. The Market is quite big so have a method of walking round it so you dont miss anything. There is also a market at Quarteira every Wednesday it is situated just higher up from the bus terminus. There are buses from Albufeira to Quarteira bus terminus but not sure where they run from in Albufeira and what the times are. Cheers Jayjan
1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, dear. There is more than one shop there. There are approximately 80 great shops so do have a great time!
The Albufeira and Quarteira markets are 90% the same stalls so not much point in visiting both! They are oriented towards tourists (I geeve you special price..) and a lot of what you see is more expensive than in the town centre shops. Sorry if that sounds negative but that's a personal opinion.

Add that the fact that police raids regularly net stallholders selling fake DVD's, watches etc I am not keen!

Parking near either is virtually impossible so if you can walk or take a bus (the Albufeira market is next to the bus station also) so much the better.

If you go to the Wednesday Quarteira market the buses from Albufeira leave from that bus station and pass through town on their way. I have a website http://www.algarvebus.info where you can get the times and other details. It's about a 45 minute journey and costs €3.75 as I recall. At Quarteira you can then walk 5 minutes to the beach and recover!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.