Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As said above, But remember Marmaris has two Markets on the Thursday one indoor and the other outdoor very close to the water park (the old one that is).
icmeller market was ok, but personally i found it A little bit scarey and very claustrophobic... i think that the marmaris market is a little less intimidating as i didnt have people trying to grab hold of me and trying to pull me into their stalls!
With Icmeler market you need to get down there early, say around 9am when stalls are just about set up. No disrespect to you Mitchellclr but at this time of the morning we have found it perfect and not claustrophobic, it is only later in the morning when more people get about that it gets like this and manic to boot. You can still get a bargain early morning especially if you are their first customer as some of them will tell you to throw your money on the floor, they will then pick it up and stroke their faces with it for good luck for the day. Icmeler Market gets my vote every time. If you want a quieter Market then go to Turunc, it is a lot smaller though but you can return to Icmeler via water taxi instead of using the dolmus.

Les
icmeler is best for me,
where i stay is only about 50metres away .
so when i buy goodies i dont have to carry them to far away :tup
marmaris is ok but not the same atmosphere as icmeler
I loved Ichmeler market when we went 2 years ago

Is there a similar market in or near Gumbet??

Sandi (1 more sleep)
What day is ichmeler market on?

We were thinking about spending a day at Ichmeler so might as well go market day. We are wanting to go over by water taxi but are a bit unsure where to get it and what times they run, we are stopping at Club Aida Marmaris.

Thanks
laudan,Icmeler market is on a Wednesday,you can get a No 3 dolmus from outside Club Aida to the marina,taxiboats are by the statue,cost 7.50 lira one way,or turn right out of Aida short walk up to main road and get orange dolmus to Icmeler,stops outside the market,about 1.75 lira,I think. Chris.
Crispy wrote:
laudan,Icmeler market is on a Wednesday,you can get a No 3 dolmus from outside Club Aida to the marina,taxiboats are by the statue,cost 7.50 lira one way,or turn right out of Aida short walk up to main road and get orange dolmus to Icmeler,stops outside the market,about 1.75 lira,I think. Chris.

Thanks Chris I will add that to my list of notes.
Sandi, nearest market to Gumbet is Turgetreis on a Saturday about same size as Icmeler, Also small one at Bodrum bus station indoor Thursday.
Thx Rwb

No idea how far that is but might look into it or maybe try and get to Icmeler on weds (Am guessing by boat rather than bus?)
Was hoping to get some new cheap stuff (clothes) early on in our holiday and not take much with us.

Thanks again

Sandi (0 sleeps)
Turgetreis is a lovely market,went also to the undercover one in Bodrum,didnt think much of it.
We prefer Icmeler, what day is Turunc market? Went there by boat last year had a lovely day

:)
Ok thanks again
Will wait and see when we get there - was hoping to go clothes shopping early on and therefore wasn't planing on taking too many clothes from home lol

Only a few hours now yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Please could someone tell me what time the markets in Marmaris and Icmeler close?

Thanks in advance
Sandi, the market at Turgutreis is on a Saturday, there is also a big market on a Tuesday in Bodrum and a small one in Gumbet on a sunday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.