Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
market
5 Posts
hi not sure about the market but to go to gozo you can d.i.y! get a bus to the harbour then a ferry across catch a bus from the bus station in gozo to go to whichever attraction you want to see. it's dead easy. 8)
If you are going to do the trip yourself then plan where you want to go and what to see on Gozo. A good idea if you are not sure on what you want to see would be to ask a local who works in your hotel or a barman. Get them to mark on a map the places that they recommend.
There is a huge outdoor market in Mosta each Monday morning, Mosta isn't to far from Bugibba / Qawra and lots of busse's go there from the St Paul's Bay area.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi oliday,

I've never tried to catch buses to the ferry and then buses in Gozo. What people fail to tell you is that you could be waiting around for some time for buses and it can be very uncomfortable waiting in the very hot sun. :shrug We tend to hire a car and drive over to Gozo since using the car can save you lots of time and get you to lots of places you would never go to by bus. :yipee

Assuming you can drive, car hire is relatively cheap and it's not that difficult to drive around the Islands. You'd probably find that the cost of an organised trip to Gozo would go a long way to paying for car hire anyway. I suppose the downside of hiring a car is that their laws on drinking and driving are the same if not more stringent than ours! :tut

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.