Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: Marmaris
30 Posts
Actually, Turkey has a long history of wine making and also has the world's fourth largest grape-growing area after Spain, Italy and France and is fifth in terms of grape production. If you enjoy wine with dinner, you can have it, it will be pretty good, and it won't ruin your budget, but it won't be cheap, either. It just takes some time to find the right one. We have enjoyed some nice wine in Turkey - white, red and rose.

JAK xx
Have you got any tips for drinkable wine Jakki? We mostly drink white, and drink Villa Doluca and Cankaya, but so far haven't found anything much better. I more or less gave up trying anything else, as have found some of it dire.
Thanks for the advice aam & Gumbet Jakki, much appreciated :cheers
Alfie - have you tried Angora? I liked the white.
Yes - not keen I'm afraid! Thanks anyway Meerkat
I am really looking forward to it now after reading all your comments. I will definitely venture out on some of these suggested trips. It will be great to experience the real Turkey. :tup
Hi,we went in October last year,travelled out on the 23rd,the weather was not brilliant ,your weather should be better,but there was loads to do and it is not so hot that you have to stay by the pool or sea all the timet's a great time to experience Turkey because it won't be as mad as it is in high season.
Was booked for 23rd Sept to Club Aida until the Travel Agent informed us that it was no longer available :yikes
Trying to book an alternative with different travel agent
Looking at Grand Pasa
Anyone know what it's like???
Would appreciate any feedback :)
samc66,

You might find members Hotel Reviews useful for the Grand Pasa and the following post: Hotel Grand Pasa , Marmaris . Information.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.