Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
3 sites for you that may help - as for restaurants,take your pick there are plenty around,but for names i can't help you - ask other guests when you arrive someone always reccomends a few places.

http://www.goahub.com/goa/hotels/goa-marriott-resort.html
http://www.iloveindia.com/hotelsinindia/goa-hotels/hotel-goa-marriott-goa.html
http://marriott.com/property/mapandnearbyairports/default.mi?marshaCode=goimc&WT_Ref=mi_left
have a look at OUR reviews of the Marriott!
More info on our forum here, here and here
shops and bars
No need to go to any other forum! :lol:
Just got back last week, we stayed in Candolim at the Phoenix but went to the Marriot in Panjim on Sundays as they have a Beer Brunch on a Sunday where anyone can go to eat from 12.15 - 4.15 for only £10. and they have entertainment on aswell. A lovely hotel although it is abit out of the way, but hey the taxis are so cheap.
We have been to Goa 6 times, and never have I tasted food in the UK or Goa better than SUBLIME Bistro - it is owned by Alan, Julia and Chris (the chef) he was born in Bombay and was brought up in Germany and then trained in California, you MUST try this restaurant, it is nice to go anytime but if you are celebrating something special then this is the place. it is near Brittos at the old Baga bridge near the football ground.
Goanne
:sun :sun ...hi goanne im sure you find it hard to get back in to the swing of things now your home ......what you need is a holiday :lol: :lol:..can you tell me what you thought of the phoenix park .....it looks good .....what rooms are best and what advice do you have ...... :thanks
Hi Irish Colleen - sorry not been on here since last week, been home for 2 weeks now, It was lovely to get home after a month away - missed my dog like mad and chocolate, but now I wish I was back there., withdrawal symtoms big style. Phoenix Park - has only been open since October 2003, We have been to Goa 6 times now - we used to stay at the Highland but when we went in Jan 2004 (flight only) they were fully booked, we stayed at Bom Successo Restauant for a couple of nights while we had a look around and found the Phoenix. That year it was bliss, because it had only just opened and it was quite, this year it was difficult to get a sunbed and the british (and the russians) were behaving like the Germans!!! with the towels, but it made us get out of the hotel and venture to the beautiful beaches, (and you get a better tan too) Apart from that everthing was great, nothing is too much trouble, Mario (the Manager) is really nice, and the staff will go out of there way for you. Best rooms......... well, if you want a balcony you need to request a room which is not in the reception block (room beginning with 1) although these room are slightly bigger, rooms in block 3 or 4 (ie 3201) have a balcony and are facing the pool. Send me a PM if you want anymore info.
Goanne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.