Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Med Hotels
33 Posts
Hi Sunnie ... welcome to the forums.

We have lots of discussion (good and bad) throughout the site about medhotels. It might be best if you use the Search facility at the top of the page, and it will retrieve all posts and topics with the name 'medhotels' included.

David :wave
Hi Sunnie

Yes they're a legit. company. They advertise a lot in the travel trade papers and most independant travel agents use them. :)
Last year in Turkey my accomodation was booked through Med Hotels. It was changed at short notice and on arrival found that none had been booked. When rep turned up there were about 6 families in the same position and he did not have authority to do anything about it. My taix driver did more to sort me out than Med Hotels.
there is a lot in various forums re med hotels if you use the search facility at the top of the page and put in Med hotels you will find plenty of info.. I use them and have had no trouble at all

brian
I work in a Travel Agents and we use med hotels, never had any problems with them.
Hi everyone

We used Med Hotels for our DIY trip to Tenerife last May. No problems encountered. Rep available at the hotel very consciencious

Carol
I am a travel agent and I have used Medhotels many times myself and have had no problem with them, they are owned by lastminute.com
Used medhotels last Septemeber for hotel in Majorca - no problems
The travel agent I use always used Med hotels but have now stopped using them because of the amount of complaints they had last year.I will have to find another agent who uses them as they are unbeatable on price.
we have just had our hotel cancelled 3 weeks before departure this month booked with a travel agents via med hotels, not too pleased about this as i have been given no choices of hotel and ive been in contact with someone else that has just returned from this hotel and wasnt too pleased with it, going in 11 days so they left it to late for me to do anything ,im going armed with camera and video and going to have to sort this out when i return, this is my first dealings with med hotels and not that impressed so far, will know more if this hotel turns out to be wonderful or bad when we get there
I am an independant travel agent. I use Med hotels all the time. I have had no more problems with them than any other tour operator. Sometimes they cancel your booking as do Thomsons, Thomas cook, etc..it happens unfortunately but no more than it does with anyone else. If your tour operator has an Atol and is fully bonded then you should have no problems using Med Hotels. Problems may arise when you put together a package yourself and one of the components goes bums up. Once good reason to book through a travel agent anyway.
ellie meg...sorry about your problems but you should have been offered at least an alternative or your money back.
i have used med hotels twice and both times i have gone to the travel agent who uses them. they cannot be beaten on price and their hotels are nice. last year our reps (we had 2) were lovely really nice guys and did their job well. my partner and i decided on taxis last year but at the welcome meeting he said to us we will liet you the glasgow bus for 10 euro we have 2 seats! cant beat that! they use the same hotels as sunset etc. usually all med hotel customers are on the same flight as first choice customers and you have to report to first choice rep at airport to be ticked off etc. maybe different tracel agents operate differently thought. i will use them again
Used medhotels.com twice now - no probs with booking in Majorca or Turkey.
It was actually difficult to get them to take full payment on last booking!!!
Our accommodation was booked with Med hotels and we had no problems at all. The rep turned up when she was supposed to and the coach transfers through them turned out to be just us and one other couple. Very quick and we were very pleased with their service.

Barbara
In answer to your question has anyone had problems with Med hotels - Yes I have. They let me down badly. I booked a Hotel in Rhodes for Two weeks (May 2006) and when they confirmed the booking I separately booked the Flights. Then just a few days before we were due to travel they informed me that they had not booked the Hotel stay at all. Even though they had taken my money out of my account. They offered a poor quality hotel in its place for the same 4 star price which I refused. They seem to be pulling a fast one and by leaving it late forcing you to take a hotel of their choice. I managed to book the same hotel with another company just before we travelled but it was all a bit of a panic.
I am in the process of complaining about Med Hotels and the way they operate. So dont trust them if you book as they have a bad operating policy. :x
Just to say I used medhotels this year for Mallorca (only used them for the hotel not the flights and transfers) and didn't have a problem. They were a bit late at taking the money from my account so I was a bit worried - but needlessly. There was a number in the hotel for a rep if we needed one but we didn't so I can't comment on the service they give.
We have only used Medhotels once that was last year to Majorca----------No Problems whatsover, there was even a rep in the hotel every day :D
I'm sure there is another med hotels thread where i gave my opinion last year...

we have usually 4 holidays a year at least 2 of which the accommodation is booked through med hotels, in the past 5 years we had one problem where med had booked us twice for the same accommodation and had subsequently sent an e-mail to the hotel to cancel one room which was misinterpreted therefore both were canceled,
I e-mailed med and asked for an explanation {not a claim as the hotel gave us a room anyway] and received 2 days accommodation refunded without asking we will continue to use them.
no matter how large/small a company is there will always be the odd problem

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.