Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
don't want to write a guide..but

use a BLACK pen.

do not cross things out, get another form and start again.

where it asks for refs in Goa I put the travel co and the hotel.

make sure you ask for the visa to start for the date you go on holiday not from the date you APPLY for it.

Where it asks for what kind of visa, I put tourist and Multiple Entry
Purpose of visit = tourism

places to visit = Goa (unless you are going somewhere else also, in which case add that)

Business address, I leave blank (unless you have your own company)

I'll leave the rest for someone else :lol:
del949

I have never known them post date a visa - it is valid from the date they issue it, not the date of travel. Have you had a different experience?

Candybabe
Checked on the HCI website and it says "Visas start from the date of issue and NOT the date of travel" :wink:
Use the correct form London & Birmingham use different application forms.

The Referees in India is not a requirement for a tourist visa

The Visa will last for 6 months from DATE OF ISSUE so check your arrival departure dates fall inside this.
IMPORTANT CORRECTION

Visas valid from date of issue only

Sorry, my mistake :oops:
thanks for help given so far- can anyone else add? :D
If applying by post allow plenty of time.
just phoned to see where ours are and was told 3-4 weeks.

used the phone number 02078368484 and press 0 for assistance

the other phone number on the application form is just a long recorded message at 60p per minute
I have always put "don't know people in India" in the Indian reference section and it's always been granted OK.

Willing to try and write a guide, Fiona, once eveyone's observations are in.
Roma
you are a star! :D
I'd wait until you see it before getting excited! Oops... :offtop
:lol:
It will be a lot better than my guide would have been!
Some tips which have saved me -
Download the 'Word' version from the visa site..fill it in & print out....then..keep a copy for next year...don't forget to change the dates :D
Also check next year that it's still the up to date version.
Contacts in India...Use your Embassy/High Commision and the travel company C/O your hotel address
As DJK has already said, download the visa in word format, and each time you go change dates and venue. I have always done it this way. If we are Allocation on arrival, that is what we put on the form. We have only every been asked once at the passport contol in GOA and no problem there. :hyper We are off on Saturday for 3 weeks, can't wait. :D
:) I downloaded the London form by mistake, filled it in and took it to Brum, no comments or problems. Long day though - left at 7, back at 6. It didn't open until 9.30 am but when we got in there must have been 100 people in there!!
any more to add?
If you go to get your visa in person patience is required! Lots of waiting is fairly normal.

Refs in India is not required for obtaining a tourist visa. I know it does not say this, but it is the case.
Just arrived home from Goa last night, so apologies if this has already been mentioned:
you MUST put the sender's name & address on the outside of the envelope you send, otherwise the applications will be returned unprocessed.

Polly
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.