Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
milk
10 Posts
First of all I would dispute that sterilised or UHT longlife milk is rubbish, but in answer to the question, the Bulgarians themselves don't eat breakfast cereals or put milk in their tea and coffee, so they don't have a fresh milk distribution system like we do. Most of their milk production - cow, goat and sheep, ends up in cheeses and yoghurt.

I would expect the milk in the hotel at breakfast and in the mini markets to be sterilised or UHT, but there's always a chance that someone might know different.

Peter
See celiajan's post HERE.

Baldur
Sorry to go a little off topic, but does that mean I will have to take my weetabix with me?

Pam
There's a big difference between what you find in the hotels and mini markets in the resorts, and the real Bulgaria.

You'll find breakfast cereals, but not sure specifically about Weetabix. I tend to go for the unhealthy option!

Peter
We have been going to Bulgaria for the last 5 years and my husband takes his weetabix with him every year.
tgilmour wrote:
We have been going to Bulgaria for the last 5 years and my husband takes his weetabix with him every year.

Now there is a man after my own heart. It's so true you can't beat wheetbix to start the day 8)
Thanks everyone- I shall take some weetabix with me then, although I suspect it will be crumbs by the time we arrive :!:

Pam
Hi Pam,

Some relatives & their children arrived here from Australia a few weeks ago - the kids were dismayed to find that we didn't have their favourite cereal in the UK. :wink:

Baldur
in my opinion , the milk was minging . sorry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.