Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi ellynewton .... as you say, Moby Dick is just across the road from Hotel Rio Park. It is a complex of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, mostly privately owned, but available for rent through local booking agencies. In recent years, they have also been heavily used by German and Dutch coach holiday operators.

A lot of Moby Dick guests tend to use restaurant, entertainment and leisure facilities at the Rio Park, and are made most welcome as long as they are spending money.

David :wave
Hi

Can any one give me a location and also a review on these apt please, also if they are suitable for kids. Ta
Moby Dick Apts are just opposite Hotel Rio Park. It is a complex of mainly privately owned 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Unfortunately no reviews at present.

Facilities are limited, and families with kids tend to spend their time at the Rio Park. They are usually most welcome to do this, although I'm not sure if things would be any different over the peak New Year period that you are planning to visit.

Has anybody stayed in the moby dick apartments in 2005 if so what where they like?
:D Hi there

Just booked for these apts to for Sept have heard that you can use all the facilities of the Rio Park not sureif this is true or where these apts are located. Spoke to Benidorm Direct this morning and they said there isnt as many Dutch and Germans in it now as they own it outright. Any info appreciated ta.
Hi there

Not getting any feedback at all about these apts only that they are near the Rio Park has any body even ever seen them getting desperate to know somthing

thanks Deb
Hi Deb ... I can't really tell you anything other than has been said already.

In a complex which consists of privately owned apartments, standards and facilities in each one can vary considerably. However, if Benidorm Direct now own the entire property as you say, it may have resulted in all apartments being brough up to the same specification.

Unless things have changed recently, I'm not aware of any official agreement with Hotel Rio Park. But Rio Park management have always welcomed 'walk-in' guests from other hotels and apartments, providing of course that they are spending money in the bars or restaurant during their visit. Folk popping in just to make free use of the pool area may not be tolerated.

I know in the past that some clients only used Moby Dick when Rio Park was fully booked, and so they used their apartments as somewhere to have a sleep, spending the rest of their time across the road at the Rio Park for meals, drinks, entertainment, etc.

The apartments look OK from the outside. Sorry I can't tell you what they are like inside. There is a pool area that seemed quite busy when we were in Benidorm July / August and what appears to be a snack bar at the front near the pool.

As far as going into the Rio Park, their facilities are open for use to non guests. You can pay to go in the buffet both at lunchtime and evening for a cost of 6 euros. The lunch buffet is also pay per item, but we found it better to pay the 6 euros and eat anything. The lunchtime buffet option is not clearly advertised, but just ask the cashier for the menu del dia.
Thanks for the info Pebbles and David, I only booked on Sunday as my son got married last week and after it all I thought there is one place I would like to unwind ( not that I will do much unwinding ha ) but I am counting down the days to being there. Info much appreciated.

deb
hi their,
I have just come back from a 2 week break in Benidorm.
we stayed at the moby dick apartments and i would give it an overall 1 star.
It was awful!
Full of germans, over priced for certian things (can of coke 1.50 euro about £1).
Sunloungers are not free they are 3 euro's a day! the lift breaks down alot!
Cocroaches everywhere, small rooms, no aircon, no balcony.
The reception staff where nice :roll:
our clean sheets had mould on some of them.
The iron and shower and washing machine all broken.
Not the best of places to stay. would not reccommend.
Adam,
glad I read your post now before it got much nearer to our holiday, I couldnt stand the cockroaches I can feel my skin creeping now at the thought. The company we booked with told us that they owned the building out right and it would be 80% British obviously not true. Have you done a review on these cos I know if I had have read one like your before booking I certainly wouldnt have. I am going to phone the company first thing in the morning to see if we can get changed or refunded , thank you
We would welcome reviews of Moby Dick Apartments on the following page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/moby-dick-apartments/

Many thanks
Hi

Just to let everyone know I have given in and paid Benidorm direct to change my booking, I couldnt even sleep at night worrying about these apartments. Have paid the extra and am now staying half board at the Pueblo so I am sure there wont be any comparison. Just glad to get a good nights sleep and start counting down the days to my hols. Thanks to everyone who pm,d me or answered my posts I am really grateful and a happy counter down the days now

Deb
Hi Deb, No point in spending time worrying. Glad your sorted.

25 sleeps and counting :fly

Alexa :D
hi all

what a day just finished my post on here and got a post from Benidorm direct to say Pueblo fully booked ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , I was ready for squealing anyway eventually got booked and confirmed for the Benidorm Flamingo, I know it is further up but glad to be booked , thanks Alli for your post , now counting to,

Deb
I've just done a new review for the Flamingo Benidorm if it helps you to look forward to it even more :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.