Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are travelling as 2 adults, one 4year old and one infant and have booked the bigger seats but need to know which ones allow the arms rests to go up, allowing it kids to stretch out mid flight and which seats are no good.

Is it worth booking an extra seat so we can all sit together as 4?

I have reserved seats 1DEF but not sure if the arm rests go up...??

Off the top of my head, I believe the armrest at rows 1 and 2 in the centre row are fixed. This is due in part to the fact that the personal TV's for these seats are located in the armrest. Personally, I also find it is less easy to stretch out at row 1 because there is no footwell in front, just a cabin wall (albeit with additional legroom). I believe the above is also true of row 1 on either side of the cabin, next to the windows. A safer choice to avoid fixed armrests would be a few rows back.

Whether you book an additional seat is entirely personal choice. If you book 3 of you on a row of 4 and you have a baby then if it isn't a busy flight there is a possibility that you may find you have a free seat next to you but of course this is not guaranteed.

I can tell you that you that just behind row 7 there are 4 toilets. These shouldn't really cause you any problems as people tend to queue for these in the door areas which are aft of the toilets but if you'd rather avoid them then that's something to think about. Row 7 is the back of this particular cabin but the seats do recline here and so if you're one of those people who is concerned about reclining into somebody's personal space behind then this would not be a problem here. The entry and exit door for boarding and dismebarking is just behind row 7 AB and so if getting on and off quickly is important to you then the nearer to this area the better for you. Lastly, there is another toilet which is at the very front of the aircraft on the left hand side. Although access to this may be restricted at times during the flight, it is useful to have the option to use this if you wish to. It can be slightly more tricky getting to this on the right hand side of the cabin as you would need to pass through the galley area.

I hope they are a few useful pointers for you. If there's anything else I can help with then please let me know. Have a good flight!
For those of use who like to plan ahead, winter 2015 flights from Manchester to Alicante are online!
I know it us a but early yet but I have been told that September flights to sharm el sheikh will be the wide body A330 , can you confim this yet or when do the summer flights start? thanks
malchancock,

Have you got dates and a flight number? I can't check specific flights without details. Summer schedules run between May and October inclusive.

Darren
Hi Darren
Flight dates are 08.09.14 ZB684 & returning 15.09.14 ZB685
thanks for your help. Malc hancock
malchancock,

MAN-SSH-MAN (ZB684/5) are operated by Airbus A330-200.

Darren
My wife and I are flying out with FlyMonarch on 21st May. We booked with Teletext Holidays but have not been given information about choosing seats. My wife has mobility problems and Monarch want a Drs letter before they will allow appropriate seating. It will depend on how much the Dr charges for a letter as to whether I go down that route or pay the Monarch charge for extra legroom seats.
Our flight is ZB1528.
Can anyone tell me what the aircraft will be and any details of the seat layout might be helpful.
lloydsboy123,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-NBE-LGW (ZB1528/9) are operated by Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to the seat plan.

Darren
hello Daz,

i'm flying to Egypt and wondered if you can give me some information,

Gatwick to Hurghada MON 6946 at 11.00 on 28th March 2014

What sector is this aircraft completing before mine and what type of aircraft as ive been told it could be A321

also if i upgraded to extra leg room, is it cheaper buying over the phone now or waiting to pay at check in desk in gatwick ?
Hi Daz,
can you please tell me what aircraft type we will travel on to Lanzarote, Flight No ZB626, on October 23rd from Manchester?
Gregg wrote:

i'm flying to Egypt and wondered if you can give me some information,

Gatwick to Hurghada MON 6946 at 11.00 on 28th March 2014

What sector is this aircraft completing before mine and what type of aircraft as ive been told it could be A321

also if i upgraded to extra leg room, is it cheaper buying over the phone now or waiting to pay at check in desk in gatwick ?

Hi there,

Hopefully Darren won't mind me replying to you in his absence. Your flight is indeed due to be operated on an A321-200. The current cost of extra legroom seats for this flight is £40 per person for each sector. This should be booked via your tour operator or can be booked via the numbers listed on the Monarch Website. There are sometimes promotions run at check-in for extra legroom seating but this is not guaranteed and there is the possibility that there will be none left by this time.

The aircraft will have been on the ground overnight and is not expected to operate a flight before yours.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions then please feel free to ask.

Have a great holiday :sun2
ray wrote:
Hi Daz,
can you please tell me what aircraft type we will travel on to Lanzarote, Flight No ZB626, on October 23rd from Manchester?

The aircraft expected to operate the ZB626 MAN-ACE on 23 Oct 14 is the A321-200.
Thanks for your reply

The aircraft I mentioned - what will be the sector it is completing before mine ?

Thanks
Gregg wrote:
Thanks for your reply

The aircraft I mentioned - what will be the sector it is completing before mine ?

Thanks

Gregg, the aircraft is expected to be on the ground overnight before your flight and will not have immediately completed a sector before yours so you should not expect any delays due to this unless there are operational changes.
Party boy,
Thanks but what sector is it completing the day before ? I know you have said its on the ground overnight but surly the aircraft is completing a sector on Thursday ?
Hi there Gregg, I am unaware of the flight this aircraft is due to complete the day before. At the moment, a number of aircraft are undergoing maintenance/repaint during the quieter winter period so there is a slight possibility it may not operate the day before

I can in fact see that there is an A321 that positions from LTN - LGW the same day before your flight but I cannot say with any certainty that this will be the aircraft that operates your flight.

However, if you do happen to find out what the planned flight the day before is then I would strongly emphasise that the A321 aircraft are swapped around quite a lot due to operational reasons. The best place to get information about times of your flight is the [urlMonarch - Arrivals and Departures][/url] page. The cabin layout on the A321 is very much the same on all the A321 apart from some minor differences on a few aircraft.

For your information though I can see that in the past few weeks the aircraft which have operated this route are G-OZBE and G-OZBR if this is any help to you.
Thanks party boy

Could you tell me if monarch do in flight meals ? Or as we are flying charter with them for Red Sea Holidays would this company provide the inflight meals ? Not sure how it works ? If not will have to buy rolls airside at gatwick as I'm diabetic
Hi,

I am flying on ZB532 from MAN to PMI on
5th July and back on ZB533 on 12th July.

On the booking website it shows the plane
configuration to be 2-4-2 in the extra legroom
seats at the front of the plane.

Please could you tell me what aircraft these
will be?

Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.