Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
money
20 Posts
Hi Steve, we are going to withdraw money as we need it from the Nationwide Flex account card, does seem to be a good exchange rate, and if the money is in the bank, dont need to worry about losing it :D
Thanks Elliebee,
I will take them.
Saggy
Good to hear that then :)
I opened a Nationwide account last month, which was just to use for going to Goa cause of the reasons you have mentioned above.
are we best taking Travellers cheques or cash :? I dont think i can be bothered with the Nationwide account however I may go into my bank and say I am going to change to it and see if they come up with anything,it really does p me off having to pay to use my own money :evil: In fact if they don't I may well change :lol:
are we best taking Travellers cheques or cash

For the best exchange rate cash will give you about 2 rupees more per pound but you have to consider the risks of taking cash.

Mids
Just had a look and the rate today is 81.61 rps to the £

Thats better.
Just found that if you have a lloyds tsb account and you book them online then all Sterling travellors cheques are commision free....bonus or what???
They are also commission free if you order by phone, in branch or on line. Have got mine through them for years and never paid any commission.
our friends came back on saturday from the royal palms at benaulim and they were getting 76r from the hotel and then found a moneychanger who gave them 78r.they said they had heard of 80r exchange rate but never managed to get it. anyone in candolim now can tell me the exchange rate there?
thanks
We always use an internet cafe in Colva, always Rps2/3 above anywhere else, only cash tho :!: Best rate we got last Feb/March was 87.9 :D
Internet x change rate showing 81.95, don't know if that is bank rate though :? does the rate fluctuate a lot?
I'm currently in Candolim and in my last week :(
Exchange rate started off at 78 last week and is currently at 81 in money exchange shops.

Slightly better rate using the ATM's - only if you don't pay a fee mind whilst using your card.
81.80 in Candolim yesterday,for cash :lol:
getting better! hopr its the same in february
getting better! hopr its the same in february

I normally find that the rate gets worse later in the season for some reason
I normally find that the rate gets worse later in the season for some reason

You sure :!:

Best rate we got last Feb/March was 87.9

:D :D :D
best we got was 85r in feb so i hope you're right tony !
sue
applied for my Nationwide flexi wed,forms came today,will just use for hols :lol: hardly any effort at all 8)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.