Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
MOROCCO
262 Posts
Deb is it you that is going to the Occidental Caribbean village Agador the same weeks as me didnt we speak about it before, I'm going the 12th July for 2 weeks. And polar when are you going?
Hi, yes it is me going the same dates as you 12th July for 2 weeks :wave Deb.x
Has anybody been i can't seem to find any reviews on hotels :?:

I am proberly looking in the wrong place :lol:

What was it like,thinking of going in aug we have been to Tunisia several times is it anything like that.

Thanks
Hi Poppy

Went to Morocco (Agadir) in July last year. I found it much nicer than Tunisia, no guards on hotels and lots to do in resort plenty shops bars restuarants etc which I didn't find in Tunisia. The old part of Aagadir has a really big souk which sells everything but would take you a day to look round it you would need to get a taxi to get there. Taxis are all red and are very reasonable. Plenty beach restuarants that hire out sunbeds for the day. If you are staying in one on the beach front hotels then they have there own beach clubs etc. If you need any more information please feel free to pm me.

joan 123
Im going March 25th
Whilst I do appreciate that members look forward to their well deserved holidays, can we please refrain from posting when we are visiting but instead provide information or ask questions.

This will make it easier for members to to get to the information, rather than reading through pages full of irrelevant information on a resort or hotel.

Many thanks

MarkJ HT Mod
I only answered a question I was asked, it would have been a bit rude not to.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused to anybody that has to read it
Hi All
This is my first posting, so treat me gently!!

I have booked 14 days in Agadir at the Odyssee Park Hotel in September with my other half.

We are hoping for mainly a total relax although are hoping to get over to Marrakesh for a couple of nights - not sure how yet, so thoughts would be appreicated! :lol:

Mainly though are concerned as to thoughts fo this hotel and wondered if anyone has been there? Apparently there is a problem with shortage of sunbeds - this doesn't worry me as I love the beach but had been told you can get bothered on the beach so best to pay for use of aprivate one - any recommendations?

Am after some honest frank info so can be well prepared.

thanx 8)
What do you mean bothered on the beach Im off there in March and am a bit worried now
I have been told that you may get hassled on the main beach so was interested to get some other thoughts on this.
Like many countries in the world, you will have local people trying to ply their trade on the beach. You will most probably have vendors trying to sell you goods they have made or bought.

Maybe this is what the poster meant with "bothered" or "hassled"?

Mark :D
Oh God, I hope its not like that.
We normally go to cyprus and there is nothing like that there
I'm looking for some advice on Morocco. I'm quite interested in going in summer next year but want to do my research now. Can anyone recomend a good hotel in Agadir to go to? We are not that interested in the whole kids club thing as my lad is quite happy in the pool 24/7.

I'm a bit confused about Morocco as there seems not to be much information on resorts or hotels about. Any information would be welcome, such as prices, weather in August travel around Morocco.
Cheers
Laurence :)
  • Edited by Laurence 2006-01-28 22:54:42
I stayed in Le Tivoli, did the job I guess, not excellent I must add.
I went in april and the weather was perfect, not hot nor cold.
Which prices do you want to know?
Hi thanks for replying, as regard to prices i was just thinking in terms of drinks, snacks trips and so on. I'm struggling to find a good hotel with good reviews in Morocco, bearing in mind we are going with a child, so good pools and restaurants are a bonus.
Also not sure what Agadir is like as a resort.
Laurence
I went to Tangiers years ago and had a wonderful holiday and always wanted to return so I was pleased when I saw Agadir in the brochures this year.I really fancied going in March as its as warm as the Canaries but the high prices put me off.Compared to Tunisia,Turkey and Egypt the prices are more expensive.I have now booked for Turkey for March for a price for 2 weeks AI in a 5 star hotel that would only get me a week in a 3star in Morroco.I would compare prices if I were you and look at the review section on here and other websites.
We have booked 14 nights at Odyssee Park in Agadir and want to plan 2 or 3 nights to Marrakech in the middle of the holiday.

Tour operators seem expensive and we are confident enough (I think!) to go it alone but were wondering what the roads are like - we would prefer to hire a car as member of party doesn't travel well on coaches/buses etc but don't want to if this is risky. :?

Any thoughts? Also, if we did drive, what is parking like in Marrakech?

Any recommendations for accommodation there?

Many thanks :D
I have been to Agadir, Morocco, twice. On each occassion the weather was not great. They have a Micro climate in Agadir because of the Atlas Mountains but nonetheless the beach is fantastic. We stayed in the Tikida Duna the second time round. It is an all inclusive resort and worth every penny. We have two kids aged 6 and 10 and they were kept well occupied, not so much by the kids club but just the general activities. They were well pleased with the fact that they could go off and order their own food and drinks at the pool bar and cafe, without us. The resort is very secure. Plus its right on the beach and is patrolled by security men from the hotel. The food was out of this world - all buffet style, but a completely fantastic display. I hope it is still the same. Its relaxing for the parents as you do not have to be constantly giving them money to keep them amused. Have a good trip.
Cheers thanks for that Mimifc, i'll give it a look. What time of year did you go to get the bad weather?
Laurence
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.