Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
MOROCCO
262 Posts
Hi Poppy,
I think it all depends on your attitude. Morocco is not like other more predictable holiday destinations, but that is its appeal. I too have been in Tunisia ( many years ago) and preferred Morocco. We had a week in Marrakech last easter and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.
If you are open minded and appreciate that other cultures are different from ours and treat the people with respect and most importantly, humour, you'll have a lot of fun!
Give yourself a day or two to settle in and then enjoy.
Thankyou :D

We are going to Agadir in august,we loved tunisia but have been told that Morocco was more relaxed,i do feel a bit better now all i want is a relaxed sun and beach holiday :sun :D

What about the food am i going to get a bad tummy anything to avoid :oops:
Hi again, we were b+b and found plenty of restaurants for all tastes and the food was well cooked and delicious. For the first time away I never had the bad belly!!! So you should have no worries there. As with most places avoid the water.
hi poppy :) we were half board but use to eat out for a change no problem we enjoyed ourselves so please you do the same ....regards...john-doe... :D
Poppy sorry to put a damper on things but change your destination immediately!!
Myself and my husband returned from one week in Morocco on April 1st and I would never go back again. The food was awful as was the resort. THey are not up to european standards by any means and their hygiene is terrible. If any of the food establishments were here they would be shut down immediately. I have never seen so much cross contamination in my life. YOu can read my report on this africa page below.
If I was given a free holiday to morocco again I would not take it I would rather camp in a tent in my own back garden.
Does anyone know what the weather is like in morocco Agadir september october?
I am going to Agadir on 27th Sept - 10th Oct with 3 nights in Marrakech in the middle.

I have checked on Wunderground and the average temp for last few Sept/Octs has been over 90*!! :P

Hope this helps. Enjoy! :D
Poppy

I have booked a 'big' holiday (probably our last before kids!) with my hubby for September this year and as this is such a important holiday to us I have done more research that for any other holiday. :lol:

I think the main thing is that Morocco is so different to what we know - it is a totally different culture, but whether you enjoy this depends alot on what you expect from your holiday!

As you can see from earlier messages in your thread, the majority of people have thoroughly enjoyed Agadir. One person does seem to be trying to deter us all from visiting, not only on this thread but on others also, but personally I have confidence in the majority vote! :D

We have got a good deal half board but are totally flexible that if we don't like the hotel food - I understand some only seem to cater for German tastes, we are prepared to eat at many of the fine resturants listed on this and other similar sites.

Get a good book, do lots of research. Plan a few nights in Marrakech if you want to see the REAL Morocco and be openminded - it is totally different to what we know but thats what makes it so very appealing. :D

Of course, as with other countries - even the Canaries - don't drink the water - acknowledge that their santitation may not reach the standard of ours but thats what a fantastic holiday is about -acknowledgeing how other peoplen live and not moaning about it!!

When are you going? Have a great time.
A friend of mine goes to Agadir every year - single man, travelling alone. He loves it so much, he books for the next year as soon as he returns. He is very fussy and would not go back if it was not up to his high standards.
Thankyou..

We are going in august thats why we booked Morocco because we like diffderent holidays....we don't do spain nothing against it its just not us :lol:

We went to Tunisia as i said before and its the best holiday we have had we stayed in a 5* hotel and the food,service was first class.

I am going to think positive now and again look forward to our holiday.
Thanx. Thats good news then as the last couple of holidays i have had have been plagued by bad weather and these were in July :x .(Bulgaria and Menorca)I might actually apply some sun cream then this time then!!!
You do sort of good used to it after a couple of days. Just say a firm no thank-you and they do live u alone. I am off to Agadir for 2 weeks on Oct 4th and have just booked Egypt for Sept next year. Egypt i hear is the same, as is turkey and bulgaria (countries i have visited). This is how many people make their living. Hope you are not there the same week as me as i swear i am jinxed. Always seem to see the most magnificant thunderstorms though, unlike anything you ever see over here. :roll:
-- Edited to by MarkJ to change text style to normal style. Please do not post in TXT style --
We went to the caribbean resort, Agadir in November last year and it in the 30's all week, no clouds etc, evey day was clear blue skies... enjoy :lol:
What did u think of the carribean resort? I have heard now good and bad, not so worried about the food as i am not a fussy eater. More interested in whether i will be sharing the digs with ants, cockroaches etc. Could eat them but not sleep with them :shock: ha ha
Went to my Doctors to see if we needed jabs and were told NO!!! Think i will go back and query it after reading this site. Didnt have any for Turkey or Bulgaria either as also told they werent needed!!!
When we first pulled up we were shocked to say the least, it doesn't look very good from the outside. It is a massive complex and we only really discovered the whole of it on the last day. The first room we were given was not so good, very odd layout with a tiny balcony overlooking the road. You kind of walked into the room and straight infront of you was the sink, the shower was in a cupboard and the room was around the other side of the sink... peculiar! We went and spoke to the Thomson rep, a man called Roger and he got us another room immediately which was much much better. The food was very good with lots of choice and you get tickets for 4 restaurants in the hotel, which are all good. The staff are extremely friendly. The room was cleaned daily and we did not see any cockroaches and did not have a problem with creepy crawlies. Whilst we were there they put on a bedouin night which was really good and they had a moroccan market in the complex all throughout the same day, which was good. The hotel is not 5* luxurious, but is clean and comfortable and has everything you will need for a good holiday. The private beach is a sectioned off part of the beach adjacent to the hotel. There were plenty of sunbeds and the beach is lovely and sandy. It is well worth going down to see the sunset. I have pics of it, it was gorgeous!!

Enjoy your holiday, you'll have a great time!! :lol: 8) :lol:
Hi!

Thanx for your tips. :)

We are there from 27th Sept - 10th Oct so hope your luck changes!! :(
Hi Poppy, me too, have mixed feelings, but we go in July this year. I've been to Tunisia 6 times and have been told that if i liked Tunisia that much then Morocco is even better. Go with an open mind like we do and then decide for yourselves, otherwise if we listened to every bad report we would never go anywhere in the world :roll:
A holiday is really what u make it isnt it. I am sure i could be on the streets of calcutta and have a good time (as long as i knew it was temporary!!). Glad to hear that the place isn't crawling with bugs. Just hope i have good weather, but if i don't i am off to egypt next year and know they never have rain in septemper. thanx for all the info.
Kirsty.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.