Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
mosquitoes
6 Posts
I can only say yes in Corfu I get bitten a lot but when in Kefalonia I do not seem to be troubled by them at all cannot really understand why find oil of citronnella a very good replelant,
have a good holiday pojo
Thanks Pojo.

Just wondered if the blighters were around in May. I seem to be one of the fortunate ones never been bitten yet. Don't use too many preventative measures either. I apply avon aftersun with insect repellant after shower every evening before venturing out and plug in the tablet type repellant in the room as well. Been all over the place including many greek islands and the caribbean and been lucky so far. Hope I'm not speaking too soon.
Hi Shirley H

Yes Mosquitos are definitely alive and bitting in May, but not as bad though), I use the plug in liquid variety of mosquito killers they seem to be better than the tablet ones. Definitely use Citronella (Lemon based) you can buy it from most supermarkets over there. Happy holidays. I'm off at end of June so likely to get bitten also.

Take Care
Vibe-Girl
Lx
Hi Shirley h,

I always get bitten less in May than at other times per year but the little devils are still lurking ready to get you. Still take repellent just to be sure, I am off in 2 days.

Regards, Heather747
we take everything to make sure we dont get bitten but we still do. This time I have bought some shea butter with citronella and hope that will work. Very good for your skin and after sun apparently - for healing too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.