Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Mosquitoes
34 Posts
Hi Tartanscone

My husband like yourself gets really badly bitten but he was ok in March. Think it's maybe the fact also that you aren't really sitting outside much at night when the wee :swear attack most.

Have a great time
Liz
you really need to get some plug ins.in every room.and a stick.just in case you do get bites..keep way from green/trees ect.never leave window open..check your room for the little b.....s.. get some tablets to take swelling down as well.get them there.cheaper by far.i do stuffer back when i get bites.if on my face its looks like elephant man.just take care...one more thing if its rains they really come out to play.
they like to be near water as well.in ibiza the salt lakes are full of them,
Hi. The mossies in Benidorm seem to have details of when I am going to be there, so I should take precautions just in case, as I will be there this month too! :lol: Seriously though, I was there last March, and the mossies did come for something to eat, especially at supper time! As has already been recommended (you most likely do already) have some plug-ins in your room. Use mossie repellant spray, (it goes very well with your favourite perfume lol). An anti-hystemine tablet containing "Loratadine" every morning is good (if you don't get side-effects) - there are other ones if you do, but these are the best. You can buy stronger ones over the counter in Beni, which might be a good idea. Also, "Diprogenta" anti-biotic cream if you get one of those nasty weeping reactions to one of them can also be bought over the counter in a Spanish Pharmacy.

Enjoy yourself!
For more info and discussion about mozzies, repellants, etc., please click here.

David :wave
I am going may will there be any then? went last April and was fine
I have been bitten to bits in Greece but the Spanish ones don't seem to like me for some reason, very rarely bitten in Beni whatever time of year.

Sue :)
I have been bitten to bits in Greece but the Spanish ones don't seem to like me for some reason, very rarely bitten in Beni whatever time of year.

Sue

probably not enough blood in your alchohol stream :wink: :wink:
probably not enough blood in your alchohol stream

:rofl
probably not enough blood in your alchohol stream

Watch it little Bruv :lol:

Sue :)
For anyone one who has returned from Benidorm recently, what is the mossie situation?

I didn't even know there were mossies in Benidorm until very recently. :oops:

I was eaten alive in Turkey and reacted quite badly. I still have the scars.

luci :wave
Just back from Beni and didn't have a problem with mozzies despite it being very humid. That was until I got home and found a big bite on my arm. :cry: I never feel myself being bitten so never know where it happens.

There had been heavy rain the night before we left which may have had something to do with it.

We had lunch on our last day at the 4 Kings, next to the Riudor Hotel, and heard people saying that people had been bitten at that hotel.

Luci
Avon skin so soft spray does the trick for mozzies. Just returned from the Caribbean and we were never bothered at all. We always use this product in Benidorm and it works a treat.
Westie
I had the Avon SSS with me, but only put it on once. :oops: Didn't think there was a mozzie problem with being bite free for 6 nights.

We go every year in March,and have never had a problem then,went in October one year,really had to use the repellent then.
Ive read on a here a few times that skin so soft is good .Can anyone tell me what one to buy theres so many thanks mazza
Hi Mazza the one you are looking for is called woodland fresh, its the one with the light green top, I always use it the only time I got bitten was the day we arrived, hope this helps
Margaret(madmum) :roll:
Hi Mazza, it also needs to be the dry oil spray. Also I think it may be on BOGOF at the moment, Linda.
Hi all thanks for your replies .Iwent into the avon website but when i click on there creams it doesnt tell you what kind it is .....like woodlands fresh etc but will order anyhow give it a go thanks again mazza
It's not a cream you're after, it's the Skin So Soft dry oil body spray in Woodland Fresh. However, I've just searched the Avon site and it can't find "Woodland". All I could find was Sensual and Soft & Fresh.

I would suggest speaking to an Avon rep or giving them a call on 0845 601 4040.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.