Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Mosquitoes
34 Posts
Avon Skin so Soft dry oil body spray is the one you want.

"IT USED TO BE CALLED "WOODLAND FRESH"

A FAVOURITE FOR THE LADIES AS IT LEAVES SKIN SOFT, MOIST AND REFRESHED

USED BY THE ARMY, SAS, & MARINES

SUPPLIED TO THE U.S. ARMY DURING VIETNAM

USED ON HORSES FOR SWEET ITCH COMPLAINTS

USED ON PETS TO KEEP FLIES AWAY

USED BY SCOTTISH TREKERS"
Ah, but you haven't said which fragrance Tartanscone! :wink:

luci :wave
This is the one

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=avon&meta=&sr=sr2av11go28sx781pi12ai36&" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">HERE

Kath x
Kath

That link takes you to a Christian Lacroix offer. :hmmm
I've tried the search facility on the Avon site and it's pants!

Thats starnage click on skin care and search through it. You will get there eventually.
It's on offer just now too. I have ordered some. I hope it works.

Thanks for the link Kath.
Crikey...For a THICK Lancashire lad can you actually spell out what this product is...is it a moisturiser or an insect repellant?...mossies never have any effect on me at all...for some reason they never come near me :? ...not that i'm complaining...but E'vonne gets absolutely savaged by the sods...she puts on cream, sprays, sprays the room, uses plug ins, and wears the wrist bands...on her ankles as well...none of that stops her being bitten....i think some people must "give off" something that mossies love...and some others dont!...so if you can tell me exactly what this stuff is so i can locate it, i will get some for her...if shes nice that is!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Regards - Taggy :)
It was originally called Avon Skin-So-Soft Dry Oil Spray in Woodland Fresh fragrance. Apparently the fragrance has now been changed to Soft & Fresh. Not sure if it has the same effect with the new fragrance or not.

There is an extensive topic on mozzies and repellants at the top of the General Holiday Enquiries forum.

HTH

Thanks Luci

Best Regards - Taggy :)
if you type in ` insect repellent` on e-bay uk , you will see exactly what avon skin so soft to buy.
Can anyone advise on the Mosquito situation in May? Is repellent required, if so which is the best one? It doesnt bother me but normally the mosquito's ring the dinner bell when they see my daughter, now she is 13 going on 25, spots of any description are a matter of life or death. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thankyou, Dave. :wave: :)
Hi,when we go in may I always use repellent otherwise my legs would be covered in bites and swell up terribly.I use johnson & johnson spray it's usually about £1.99.All I do is 2 or 3 sprays on each ankle and this does the trick :)
i was in beni last week , never bothered with the mossie stuff this time (not like the summer), just had the 1 small bite the whole week , but i had heard others were bitten.

buy a lifesystems plug in with refills fot about £7 and you will be ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.