Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
yes, the mozzies where bad if i remember rightly... i always use avons skin so soft shower gel followed by the skin so soft dry oil spray... it is in the pink bottle, a friend also uses the green one! I have been to the caribbean and other places and never been bitten since using this product. I swear by it...

:que it is just my choice

Hope this helps

Curlylocksm
It's hit and miss with the mosquitos really. I work as a rep in Tunisia and always advise guests to wear a mosquito spray at nights if they are susceptible to bites. It depends on the time of the year, autumn time is usually the worst.

I did have a few bites late Summer and my mum brought me an elastic band deterrent that I wore on my ankle to sleep and I didn't have any more bites.

Lotions or sprays usually do the trick. I would recommend taking a hand-bag sized spray with you at nights to apply if you need.
Hi, have been to the canaries a few times and have been eating alive.First time to Tunisia in 2007 and had no probs,although we used mossie spray at night.We used Boots own brand.We travelled to Tunisia in July.
Hia, I got bit in the UK, which was a really bad bite, and became infected to the point I could not walk : ( I was dreading our holidays, thinking if I get bit like this here, what will I be like on holiday.....I used JUNGLE FORMULA ROLL-ON, from superdrug and also another repellent with Deet in, and thankfully didn't get biten once, we also went in August :)
Roo
Does anyone know where I could buy the Liquid refill for my Mozzie plug? Looks like one of those air freshner things (haze plug in) but has the mozzie stuff in it
Fiona
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.