EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi
how many rooms has this apt.? Sounds a bit expensive to me. We had a new very spacious apartment before we built our own house and paid 350.- only, which was already on the expensive side. Just take care that you dont get ribbed off. We made some bad experiences.
Hi Maegi.Our rent of 470 euros includes bills. When were you paying 350 euros.? Our new home has central heating as well as air con.
Hi there, i am also planning on moving to rhodes perhaps not until 2010 until some things have been tied up in the UK. Are you planning on working in Rhodes? i am currently trying to research work opportunities especially for the winter months. Do you know of any good books / links on living in Rhodes? I really don't know where to start!
No , we are not going to Rhodes to work for someone else. We are both retiring & will be paid our British Pensions. My wife will continue her own business in Rhodes. She is a distributor for Forever Living Products. The company market Aloe Vera products.
Hi movingtorhodes.

Tried to pm you but for some reason I can't. If you can pm me I'll be happy to try to help you out. I've lived in Rhodes for 4 years now ;)
hi there, i can't PM you either. i can be contacted on vickster256@hotmail.com if this helps?

Regards
I dont think the electric is included in your bills as it has gone up a lot and become very expensive. We had aircon too a huge appartment in Kalithies with 3 bedrooms and a wood burner. That was 2 years ago and since then we have built our own house with floor heating and double insulation. You do need heating in the winter. Even when it is 12 Degr. it feels cold because of the humidity.

In the winter you can look for a job as a builder. Our house was being built by English people as the Greek were not very good. The still want to build like their grandfather did and dont accept any changes. Otherwise there is not a very big chance of getting work in the winter. And - the payment is very little. Someone who has to rely on earning money has to work very, very hard. Everything, specially food, has become very expensive.

I work in a hotel as a reservation manager and my wage is 8 times less than I earned in Switzerland and the hours are longer. But, I love working there as I could not live here without doing anything. For me the winter months are terrible and I do not think I survive another winter without going away for a while. We have many friends - mainly English as it is difficult to have a really deep friendship with Greek people - but you still feel lonely sometimes. There is no life, everything is "dead" without the tourists.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.