Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
We have been in Caleta the last 4 years running in March and this year has been the only year where I have been bitten to bits. There were 7 of us and only me and our youngest grandson were appealing to the mossies. Half way through the holiday we used a plug in and it certainly helped.
Going to Rhodes in August and will make sure I am well prepared for them !
We were in Fuerte recently and got bitten. I think we had left a window open at dusk and the blighters got in...would recommend taking Mozzie repellant.
We bought plugin in alcudia last year after me vettin pickled from head to toe with repellent spray on. Will use it all this time!!

Ps cream called eurax is good too......shops itchin. Had it for jellyfish sting couple years ago also worked on mozzie bites!
As above with the plug in for your room, but Avon have a range of products called Skin So Soft and the mozzies hate it, you can get a spray on oil, moisturiser and bath/shower products all have the same effect, the mozzies keep well away. If you google it, the Avon website will have revues for all the products and how they work :tup
My friend does avon and i ordered loads SOS stuff to point she checked I'd got order correct! Lol i'm goin to try so so hard not to get bitin.
Is it worth taking some lemon candles to try keep them away from apartment?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.