Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good idea colleen this could be a very useful thread :tup
hope this is ok with you Mods

Not a problem, I will try and keep the front page updated for you too :tup
Will get on to friends in Goa who are shack owners and see if I can find out anything,
Lin
I will go a bit Mystic Meg here and look into my crystal ball and predict that, Brittos, Shining Star, Boscos and a few other large establishments will be guaranteed, sorry I mean lucky enough to be drawn out for a license..... :think .....Keith
Just got back from sunny Goa....Went into Brittos 2 weeks ago.....do not think that any of the bigger more established shacks ever have a problem with "lottery".
Received an e-mail from Godfey who runs Baywatch Shack Sinquerim end of Candolim Beach. He didn't get a license this year so sadly the shack is no more.

:cry
Hi MCB....
i wonder if its due to the fact that there is very little of the beach left at that area :que
The likes of Britto's etc are permanent structures and not shacks,that's why they are always there and don't need a shack license as such.

John
Quite possibly Noggin but the beach was bad last year and he still managed to erect shack. Stairs were a bit steep to beach though.
Just heard today Jean at S Fernandes Shack Candolim Have there licence for this season :cheers :sun2
anyone know if the "BIG BANANNA" got a licence?
smudger2 wrote:
anyone know if the "BIG BANANNA" got a licence

If they don't, no one will! :que
Maya's Shack got a licence, did hear that the shack next door which is Monica's did not get one this year. James got one, Freda got hers, Ram shack got one
Ganesh shack has a licence, and building is underway, he hopes to be up and running by the 26th of this month to coincide with the Diwali festival.
;) Both Fishermans Shack and Buddha Bar (Calangute - down track opposite St Anthony's Chapel) have got their licence. Building work started today and should take 15 days and hopefully open beginning of November.
just a quick question:

There's Bayview on the list but nobody's mentioned that shack so far.

There was some discussion about Godfrey's Baywatch shack which didn't get a licence.

Has a shack called Bayview got a licence?
There's Bayview on the list but nobody's mentioned that shack so far.

:think Prettypollycat that was one of the first shacks mentioned by the OP as getting a license in her post.

Graham
Thanks Graham, I can't remember Colleen's original post and it's obviously changed now as shacks have been added.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.