Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Nappies!
26 Posts
Hiya,

Yes, You can buy nappies in Tansas, have never actually bought them myself but they look to be the same as ours.

Lisa.
You can buy them - but i found them to be rather plasticky as you said. I also found them to be quite leaky!!

Just think of all the extra space it will create on the return journey - for all the bargains you will buy in Marmaris!!

Have a fab time - You will love Marmaris & the Anastacia

LA
Hi Mark,

If you buy Pampers here, Prima brand in Turkey is exactly the same nappy. They are widely available in all the supermarkets there.

Don't buy any other brand though, I've tried and tested them all and the others are very plasticky, leak and are just not as good as Prima.

Elaine
Elaine

Thanks for the advise. One last thing, do you know if there is an equivalent swim nappy?

Many thanks

Mark
Elaine

Thats the ones i used - and didnt find them to be anywhere near the standard of pampers - weird :?

LA
Hi Mark,

No, I haven't seen swim nappies, I would take those reusable ones you get from here if I were you (keep the packing down a bit).

Hi Leighanne,
I know that is weird about the Prima nappies, I remember you saying that before. All I can say is, I used them 2 whole summers running on my daughter and had no problems with them, and when I was out in Turkey last year for a week in June, my best friends little girl used them too, and had no problems with leaking etc.

Elaine
Elaine

Maybe i had a dodgy fake pack - wouldnt surprise me in Turkey!!! lol

LA
does anyone know how easy it is to get disposable nappies in marmaris especially english brands, its for a friend of mine who wants to travel light!
We stayed in Gumbet but we only saw turkish nappies, no Huggies or pampers i'm afraid! Marmaris might be better though!!
we stayed in marmaris in may. we looked for a friend who's going in august. you can get pampers and a turkish brands that looked the same. friend's baby is going to be one and for his size you get 72 for about 26 lira just over £10. that was in migros beside mcdonalds. :D
there is a post about nappies on the forum, elain is very good she will give you the answer,we are taking a 1 year old in july ill find out for you
Pampers is called Prima in Turkey and are very easy to find in all supermarkets.
I have a 9 month baby and a 2 and a half year old who is still in nappies unfortunately, and I too have tried them all. I do use Pampers (Prima) when I'm feeling flush as I do think that they are the best ones available here. You can also get the 'Active Baby' variety of Pampers here now - they have recently been introduced. I must say though that there are some other brands that aren't half bad out here now. They have improved very much, and although there are still the dodgy plastic ones around, there are some cheaper good ones - handy if you are watching the pennies!
If I am a bit skint, I'll get 'Evy Baby' or 'Molfix'. Both are very good and not at all plasticy. I don't get any problems with leaking with any of them and they are significantly cheaper than 'Prima'.
Hope this helps. :wink:

Jill Tiryaki
Hi its is are first time going to Turkey ( Marmaris ) and was wondering if I canbuy nappies and things like that there I know it sounds a silly question, Also Were staying at the Club Candan I know it opened in April this year but has anyone been? :D
Look for Prima nappies. They are the same as Pampers. Don't know about the price though. Do a search on the Turkey forum for "nappies" and you mind find some more info.
Hi if you go the the web site Tansas.com.tr click on the promotion picture and on page 17 you have the price of prima nappies there 8)
Sorry dont forget the www. and its on page 16
I just visited that site and converted some of the prices against todays exchange rate, surely things can't be that cheap?

i.e womens t-shirts at £0.71 and sandals at 1.40 even a bike at £45

On the same note though, a bottle of whiskey at £20!

Am I doing my calculations right?

£8 for the nappies, same price as UK?
The main supermarkets (Tansas, Gima, Migros) are incredibly cheap for some things, so yes, your exchange into £ is right.
Don't expect the T-shirts and sandals in the supermarkets to be very good quality though - think Ethel Austin, or ClothesDirect.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.