Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
It offers the best exchange rate available and there are no charges for withdrawals.

Use your card in the ATM's in bulgaria, you'll be able to withdraw 400 leva per day.

Last year hotels were 2.75 to the £ banks 2.8 and we got 2.88 with our Flex.

Patka
The Nationwide Flexaccount card does not impose any charges for using it abroad, unlike banks who charge anyting from 2.75%. It also does not "load" that rate and gives you the Interbank rate on withdrawals.

I came across an article recently (can't find it now) which compared the N/W card to all others and the difference was around £6-7 on withdrawing £100 of currency.

luci :wave
Simple answer - I withdrew 400 Leva in Varna yesterday from a Raiffeisen Bank ATM, using my Flex A/C Debit Card, and received a rate of 2.903178980. Raiffeisen's cash rate yesterday was 2.883.

My transaction cost me £137.78, if I had changed cash with the same bank, it would have cost me £138.744. If I had used another bank's Debit Card, the charges would have increased the cost by several more percent.

@ Luci - I think that this article is probably the one for which you were looking?

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.