General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It's telling me that the page you requested is no longer available when I click on the link :que
The above link has a large part missing, it should be http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=510578&in_page_id=7&expand=true

in return for charging to use the card they will offer inclusive travel insurance, which like most account linked insurance will probably be no use if you've booked DIY, go somewhere odd, do something more adventurous than lie on a sunlounger or have a pre-existing condition!
Still adds up though, luckily they come in after my holidays...
Still could work out cheaper than they suggested.
I'm still going to use it abroad as a back up.
They finally loaded the announcment on their own site last night http://www.nationwide-members.co.uk/news/2010/8/2/nationwide-offers-free-travel-insurance-to-flexaccount-customers

I saw this day coming a long time ago..........such a shame for loyal customers like myself who use the Flex Account as main current account and not just holidays :(
I had to chuckle to myself at a comment on another site where one poster wrote summat like this...
"Oh stuff Nationwide I only use them for holiday money anyway"

>>>>>
Mmm, exactly the type of customer that they want to get rid of. :rofl

Sanji
I can't see why they coudn't just introduce this for customers who do only use Nationwide for their holiday money. As Miss Chief says some of us use the Flex account for all our banking. Why should we be penalised?
Yeah so do we Maureen :( My son's with Barclays and he deposits his holiday money in our account before we go away and we take it out with our Flex account :sulk
I dont change my money till I get there, and will never withdrwa money from atm in spain again,. Il take plenty with me just incase..i did read about this today in the mirror paper..
And as for the "free" travel insurance incentive for us loyal customers "saving" £80, I'd love to know where they get their insurance from ? ! My comprehensive worldwide multi trip insurance only costs me £25 per annum including extra health benefits :duh

I'm so disappointed with the Nationwide, I think they've been very shortsighted with regards how many people will choose to do their current account banking elsewhere........a classic case of penalising the majority due to the minority :(
The £80 is supposedly based on a couple with a joint account (hopefully any kids are included as well!). The cover is only for Europe, any further costs extra. Their normal provider is LV and their website is very clear about what they don't cover - hopeless for DIY travel.
I agree Miss Chief :( Some of us do use it for their main account not just travel.
This really is rubbish. We've been using our Flexaccount as our main joint account for 7 years now plus we have our mortgage and savings with them. I have pre-existing medical conditions so the insurance will be useless. Talk about putting the customer second!
On a fortnight holiday spending approx £1k this will cost about £25, depending on the size of withdrawals. Still cheaper than most other methods, but a really disappointing move by Nationwide. Many people have moved their account to them for the free foreign advantage, I see them losing a lot of customers.
As an expat that withdraws all my income via Nationwide (as thousands do), using it as a main account for pension & any other UK income, I will be looking at alternatives & removing my savings as this will now cost me between £300-400 a year!!!!!. There are thousands of expats do the same, do they want to lose that many customers, many with large savings? There is no reason for them to stay with Nationwide any more, rubbish rates on the savings, pay to take money out & travel insurance totally irrelevant!
The US has several banks to choose from for free foreign withdrawals, the UK banks charge far too much & I can't believe how shortsighted Nationwide are being on this.
Log onto the Nationwide site and email a complaint to them via the message centre. There is no use complaining on forums without telling the people that matter.

I did this on Monday night and got a call today to discuss my complaint.

luci :wave
Just done as luci suggested. Will keep you updated.
I got a call back just now to discuss the message I sent them. We went round in circles & got nowhere, but at least they called me (in Greece!).
The guy did say that they were dealing with & monitoring the number of complaints though, so could be worth everyone sending a message?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.