Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi, bellyballyboo, my OH and I went to San Antonio Bay a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot(We are in our early 50's). It is quieter than San Antonio itself and as far as I can remember there were no noisy clubs near by. We went off season too, only in mid September. The weather was hot and there were older people staying and younger families. There was the usually entertainment in the hotel, Bingo, Mini Disco! But despite this we are still thinking of returning this year ourselves.
We went to San Antonio Bay in September too and really enjoyed it. People told us we were mad to go to San An, but the Bay is nothing like the town and is a couple of miles away.

We stayed at the Rosamar which had only opened 5 weeks previously and was set back from the main road and the bustle.

There were plenty of hotels and bars to visit, which we did every night.

One thing that really struck me about the Bay was that every single hotel and bar had something for the children, be it trampolines, climbing frames, etc.

I also remember it being fairly flat so easy for your Dad to get around.

luci :wave
Lovely looking hotel, quite a few bars around that area, but nothing too lively.

There is a flat promenade which runs all the way around from San An Bay to San An itself. Approx 30 minutes very steady walk.

Also water taxis stop on the quayside outside the Hawaii.

It will be busy but not busy with clubbers. May be a few youths about trying to find work for the summer, but should be great.

Jim
Thanks for your reply guys! I know parents will be please to hear your comments (Will show them, when they come up tommorow). MY dad will be please about the promanade being flat (I know this would have been a worry - although he never "Lets on"). The hotel does look nice, but if anyone has anymore suggestions,and have been to a better hotel, that they could recommend - That would be great! - Or to a better resort - They were looking at santa eulia (Spelling?),- so comments about this would be welcome too!- but they didn't see any hotels they fancied, - so any recommendations for hotels in this area would be great too! (Or would you just stick to the resort,/hotel they have in mind?)

Thanks again!

Belly!
Hi, we stayed in the hotel Hawaii the last week in May 2007. It's a very nice hotel, the food and entertainment were good, and the pool area was nice too. The promenade stretches from San Antonio and stops just after the hotel, the rest of San Antonio Bay does not have a promenade and some of the pavements were very uneven! The pictures you see in the brochures are decieving, the promenade is at the San Antonio end of the resort. We enjoyed our holiday but we would not return to San Antonio Bay. Have they had a look at hotels in Es Cana? We stayed in the hotel Miami in Es Cana, so have family and friends of ours and we would all return. There are plenty of good hotels in Es Cana to choose from, it's a great resort, nice and flat but does not have a promenade, I think it's a more suitable and safer resort for your parents.

Hope this helps

Carol :que
Hi Belly, Santa Eulalia is great for people who have walking difficulties (like myself) I have been a few times - Orquidea Hotel, everything is flat and easy to get to and the bus station is very near the hotel if you want to get around the island.
We are going to Es cana this year, again I chose this because it's pretty flat & buses etc in centre.My mum is coming with us & it's for her 60th b/day - her first jaunt outside the UK!! and she can't walk long distances so she should be ok here. I have been early May & late September & both were hot and Luverly :)
Hope you all have a great time, we go in 4 weeks :sun2 :hyper

M
Hi carol/maeve

Thanks for your replies, - I'm thinking santa eulia, would be a better option for them, - What do other's think? La cala hotel has some great reviews, and looks a nice hotel- I'm going to do a bit more research, and give them a ring later (So please keep your comments rolling in! :) .

Belly!
I would think that Santa E would be ideal for this couple.I would reccommend the Don Carlos but its at the top end of the resort in the Siesta area and a slight incline up to it.The Ses Esquetas near the marina always looks popular with older clients whenever I have been for a walk in it.Its a Thomson Gold hotel so it will be a bit pricier than others.
:) Hi Guys - Thanks again for taking time out to reply, and for your PM's! I really am grateful (That why I love this site!)

Quick update! Holiday Booked (Tonight). Santa Euginia (Sp?), Hotel La cala, 14 nights, leaving leeds 16 May! The reviews for this hotel were great, - So fingers crossed everything will be ok for them, and they enjoy their stay!

Thanks again, Belly! :)
great news...good thing is you can get a bus to es cana for the day..ie hippy market on a weds.plus your only 5 mins on a bus to cala longa...nice little resort.bit hilly.but beach is ace.or you can get a bus to ibizatown.for a morning out shopping.mine you there is some good shops in st e.walk along the prom and feed the fish...very smart bars/cafes along the prom.they is a very nice square in st e.always something going off there.ie market/shows ect.

glad to know your parents trust you...but ibiza caters for all ages..
Hi there, thanks for your reply! I just hope to god it isn't too hilly or they will have my head on a block! Reading the reviews, a few mentioned how flat the resort was, and was ideal for the disabled! Just hope where their hotel is, it is indeed nice and flat!!!

Just out of interest does anyone know this hotel, and the area around?

Thanks again!

ps Don't think my parents mind what ages they mix with, they are both young at heart - and last year, when I went to benidorm with my mum - It was me dragging her back at 3 in the morning, or she would have quite happily stayed out until Breakfast!! Parents eh?? Who'd av'em!!!

Cheers, Belly!!
The Cala is right in the centre of town, close to all the shopping, bars and cafes, and was re-fitted a couple of years ago. You've picked a nice place that is equi-distant from the beach (which has disabled access), the marina (which is one of the most beautiful on the med) and Restaurant Street which isn't as great as it these forums make out, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere that you want to eat. There are also other hotels close by (Tres Torres, Sol Ibiza) that have entertainment every night that is suitable for sixty year olds. And don't worry, it is all pretty flat aroudn where they are staying. I'm sure that they'll have a great time.
come on casper, jus because you work on the marina??? restaurant st is really good, at least you won't get a half cooked burger - like i got at pier 17, they tried to tell me it was the light :think !! I have everything cremated so i know when i'm being had round the corner, santa eulalia is beautiful, i would live there if i could but i know what i know and around the marina you pay twice as much as restaurant st!! :omg so if i were you i'd take myself up there, you can't go wrong, everything for everyone ;)

M x
Hey I'm not saying that the Marina is that great for food either, last year it seemed that there was nothing to eat except for pizza in the marina; okay if we were an Italian resort but this is supposedly Spain. BTW, I don't want to go too far off thread but you are always going to pay more in a bar or restaurant if the location is better.
Thanks again Guys!

As they are half board, I dont think they will be too bothered about eating out too often! More intersted in the bars/entertainment! :) Especially if my mum finds a hotel/bar which plays bingo - She'll be in her eliment!!

Thanks again

Belly!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.