Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We have been going to the Costa Lago for some years. We are looking at going in September.
We usually stay in La Carihuela on HB basis and walk to Los Alamos, I quite like the chiringuitos down that end of Torre for a spot of lunch. It's a nice flat walk, but these days we tend to get the train back.

My hubby is 75 next week and I'm taking him there.
So, I'll let you know what it's like. :wink:
Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-04-21 07:05:43
Is Los Alamos where we got those lovely tapas Sanji?
Hi Glynis
No, that was in Arroyo.
When you walk to Torremolinos from La Carihuela and you just keep walking on the promenade, eventually you arrive in Los Alamos..... And it's where the promenade finally stops.

I'm sure you have done that walk :hmmm

http://i63.tinypic.com/2gsqxbt.jpg

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-04-21 10:14:40
Omg yes we did. Took ages & then we hoofed all the way back again :omg
I stayed in the Riu Costa Lago a couple of years ago, and liked the area, but it was definitely in need of a total refurbishment, so if it has been done then then should be a good choice, there are bus stops right outside the hotel too.
  • Edited by Miss Pink 2017-04-22 08:03:50
    forgot to put in when I went

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Share your travels

and help others make informed choices when booking their holidays!

Write a Review Write a Review

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reivews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.