Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Newbies
15 Posts
Hello Al38,I can see your point but can you understand that most days the same questions get asked without people even looking at what is on view of the current page. i.e ''do i need malaria tablets'' - ''should i take travellers cheques'' - ''can i get a taxi at the airport'' these type of questions are in stickies at the top of the page along with many others,and if these get asked each day then the 'useful threads' that run for a few days end up dropping to the foot of the page and then on to the next one.
Even though i see the same questions showing up time after time i still answer (if i can) so i don't try to appear rude.
Welcome aboard and ask away - there will always be something that hasn't been asked that someone could help with. :lol:
Just a personal opinion but there are sooooooooo many questions that have been asked time and time again on this forum that it can get tedious answering them. The reason that the search facility is there is that alot of the stuff has been asked and answered before. I've recently been searching for information about Zyban which I knew had been asked about before but when I found the thread it didn't contain the specific details that I needed. I PM'd Fritz and he kindly provided me with the info that I was after and stopped me posting a question.
I have to be honest, when I was a newbie I didn't even realise that the search facility extisted until David pointed it out it me, and although I've been going to Goa for years there's still things I want to know but have forgotten to ask about when I'm out there because I've been too busy sunbathing (or drinking kings.)
In my view the people who give their time up to contribute to the Goa forum will remember you more for the time you have taken to 'search' for information rather than something that has been asked a page before. :wink:

Sharon

p.s we're a very friendly bunch on here, so I do hope that you don't take my reply the wrong way :)
al38
part of the problem is the workload being put on the mods trying to stop the forum getting out of control,i have mentioned before on here ht is an information forum not a chat forum but we do use it like a chat forum and this is what causes the problem :idea:
basically the forum has got to good hope that makes some sense :wink:
Alan
did you do a search before you posted? :lol:
On a serious note- I think Spike gave the answer I would have given. It is really the questions that have already been asked that day or the day before that the search sticky is aimed at. Members here will always help whatever- they are a great bunch! So- fire away!
sorry didn't notice the two posts before mine- I wasn't ignoring them!
Alan- I have seen forums where there can often be snippy replies to repeated questions- we are not like that( and I would just delete them anyway!) The search button is a useful tool for everyone- I use it umpteen times in the day!
Hi all, as I said I don't want any one to take this the wrong way but most newbies don't chat they ask for information yes I know the same questions are asked time and again and it sometimes gets tedious but it is surprising how often you get some new advice from those who do reply also think its nice to have a bit of a rapport with some one before you pm them and this normally comes about with a bit of chat, this is a great forum and most would like to feel part of it and that wont happen if they feel that they should search rather than ask.
Yes I do search(still cant find cigars only on the plane :lol: ) and have gone through loads of posts and have got a lot of very good information.

So to sum it up all the answers are there I have found all of them except cigars, no chat no silly questions equals no posts :(

Only joking honest, its a great forum and I'm sure you would all rather have participants than just peeps

Alan :wink:
Alan
I have now changed the title. Any better?
I would just like to add my thoughts and observations.

This forum has been extremely valuable to me, much more than any brochure/book could tell me, I
have read back posts (all 26 pages) and some questions have been repeated but always answered, yes I have read questions that I would have said, (go Google) yourself but the majority of questions have been from nervous people ie single ladies, mothers with small children/teenagers, food, hotels and of course health. I wonder how many people are going to Goa just to get their teeth fixed.

I have a dental appointment for the 30, March. But that is a bi-product of reading this forum. :wink:

I would like to thank all who have contributed to this forum and my education, I won't name names fearing I will miss someone out, you know who you are.

What has really surprised me is the amount of friendships that have been formed, real friendships, not just holiday friends that are forgotten at the airport on the way home.

Gorra go now Liverpool/Manchester is on the television :argue :argue

Lez 33 day to Goa :fly

This forum has been extremely valuable to me, much more than any brochure/book could tell me, I
have read back posts (all 26 pages)

The 26 pages are only from 2005 onwards as well!
Sorry Fiona I must be a bit dim today :? which title have you changed?
The one you were referring to- the search sticky Alan! :D
OOOPS :oops: but I think that probably this post has done more in the short term to to advertise the search facility :lol: (shot myself in the foot didn't I :roll: ).

I think lezlie put it over much better than I in that the majority of the people are a bit nervous (and excited) but they soon get the hang of it.

Alan :wink:

OOOPS but I think that probably this post has done more in the short term to to advertise the search facility (shot myself in the foot didn't I ).

You are right there! However, you have also shown something else- even people who are talking about the contents of a sticky forget the sticky is there! :lol: ( something often discussed by many forums- are stickies ever actually read??But we won't go into that!)
Right on feona :thanks

Alan :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.