Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Weather wise it will be similar temperatures (depending on when you go).
As for Pefkos itself, well it's a good base as your not far from Lindos which is a beautiful place, with all it's windy narrow little streets with rooftop tavernas, and plenty of bars for all tastes. Pefkos too has plenty of places to eat/drink and has a nice beach, although I do think It's becoming a little 'British' Try walking to Lardos from Pefkos and sit with a drink in the square watching the world go by....oh those Greek drivers...great entertainment for the price of a few drinks!!!!
The bus service is quite good, so Rhodes town is quite accessible. You could also hire a car for a few days and explore the island.
Lardos is a really nice village and there are a couple of really great restaurants, there is one with lots of trees in the front which are lit up at night, which is just off of the square on a corner opposite the bank (can't remember the name) and another in the street that runs parallel where the locals eat, which is exceptional, its about halfway down and is on the left hand side opposite another restaurant, sorry I can't be more specific. I would highly recommend getting a car and driving to Gennadi beach and you must check out Prassonissi at the tip of the island. This is where the Aegean meets the Med and on a really hot day the wind will cool you down and make it feel like its 15 degrees, but take loads of suncream and don't eat there - way too expensive! If you want to get around by taxi then use the ranks, which are in every town. The prices are set by the government and are on display on the boards. This is much cheaper than getting one from your hotel reception.
Thankyou both for your replies. Hopefully this week we'll be booking up for Matina apartments in Pefkos for June 2008!!!! :D
We must be thinking alike, we have done cyprus 4 times now but time for a change.
we have booked lindos for next june and cant wait it looks really nice

mo
Hi Mo, we went to protaras and we do love but it's nice to try somewhere new. You'll have to let us know how you get on in Lindos. We just love nice beaches and nice restaurants. It's difficult to choose because there are so many lovely places in greece to choose from!
:D hi i think you have chosen well pefkos is beautiful
this is our second time here we stayed at the stella apartments fab, this year we are trying the new ziakis hotel if you like a nice drink of an evening try the eclipse bar end of beach road it magical hope you are pleased with pefkos.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.