Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
If in Rhodes Town then head to Orfandinou St where you'll find a great choice of bars and a few clubs. They're often changing hands and changing names but two well established clubs are Colorado for live rock music and Swing for RnB. The Blue Lagoon (close to the harbour) is good for chilled out drinking though pick a warm night as it's open air!
Faliraki used to be the party venue of the island but is struggling a bit particularly so early in the season.
Lindos has a great atmosphere and Arches nightclub is always busy at this time of year.
Went to Faliraki last year and although it was supposed to be busy, it wasn't. Great choice of bars and nightclubs.
Rhodes Town i really enjoyed, very good choice of bars with music or traditional greek taverners and there is some good nightclubs too.

Lisa
if your there for 3 days then stay near to the airport by going to rhodes town, as prev put colorado's.. loved that place.. worked in faliraki last summer and its aweful, so many drunks rolling aroun in the streets trying to start fights, most of whom where british, embaressed i was
rhodes town has more of a local and european feel.. lots of lovely men there to feast your eyes on..
tut, tut, us men shouldn't be treated as sex objects. :lol: :wink:

Me being the old one in the family so not able to help, my younger brother is wondering if there are any good places to go in Lindos, I assume Pefkos isn't too hot (weather yes, clubs no). He's mid-20's and is a bit of a boy. :P Can you help a poor deprived boy?

FD
Well i've hit my 30s n still a bit of a boy :roll: !
Think you go soon? If so it's a quieter time of year but Antika, Manolis and Lindos by Night are usually busy. I think the only nightclubs open in May are Medusa and Arches. Meduda is a horrible, dark, dingey hole but Arches is pretty good, doesn't always get busy til the bars close as alot of the barstaff drink in there too.
Thanks again for that.

Yep, did hear something about Arches, so guess I'll recommend that.

I'm too old for all that malarky now and am getting ready to get hitched over in Lindos anyway. :lol:

FD
hi,
Me and my girlfriend are going to Lindos at the end of Aug (27th i think). We are 25 and 22 but not really into the whole 'clubbing' scene. We're hoping for chilled out kind of bars with a nice friendly atmosphere where you can have a nicedrink and relax, are we likely to find this? What kind of crowd will be there at that time of year? We're hoping not scores of 18-30 type groups of drunks!
I'm 24 and my girlfriend is 20. We are going to Pefkos on the 15th June. I've heard its very quiet with nothing to do. Can anyone tell me what the nightlife is like?

I'm not looking to be out clubbing every night but I would like to go for something to eat and have a few drinks after it.
thats basically exactly what were hoping for Grant1967! I hope someone can come back and hopefully let us both know what to expect :lol:

Either way enjoy your holiday!
Lindos is lively but attracts a mixed crowd, so not really an 18/30s. There's as many quiet, chilled out bars as there are party venues (if not more). Everyone's got their favourites but you're bound to find somewhere that suits.
Grant 1967 - Pefkos is quieter but still has a good few restaurants and bars. If you find it too quiet at night it's a very short (and cheap) bus/taxi ride into Lindos.
I went to Rhodes town for two weeks, and found that it had a bit for everyone. During the day it is quiet and the people are very friendly, making it a lovely holiday for relaxing. However towards the evening the towns are really lively. I travelled towards the main town and there were hundreds of bars everywhere. Foam party's, english bars. You wont have any trouble finding a great bar to party in. However for those who are not into the partying scene, you can find some very quiet but friendly bars which offer great food throughout the streets and by the sea. It really is for all generations and people.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.