DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Nightmare
9 Posts
just thought id let you know 5 phone calls later i now have a copy of a fax asking for correct number of rooms to be allocated. So will all be sorted in resort by time they arrive fingers crossed. :lol:
I'm glad you got it sorted planehopper, isn't it always the way when you arrange things for other people :?

I've only done DIY once, first time this year and it all went amazingly well, I've booked a holiday for next year DIY but I've booked direct with the hotel. When I e-mailed the booking over to them with my credit card details I quoted the wrong price so they did my booking wrong which was completely my fault so I ended up phoning the hotel to sort it out, they were brilliant and within a couple of hours I had a new e-mail sent to me with the correct accommodation booked.

I did dial the wrong number when I tried to ring the first time and got this poor Spanish lady who said she didn't speak any English, on telling me this I then rambled on in English trying to explain that I needed to ammend a booking, I was met with an awkward silence at the end of the phone, she must have thought I was mad :lol:

I hope your family enjoy their hols :D
Oh! shell - you have made me laugh :D :D Jenny
:lol: Jenny I made myself laugh, I don't even know why I carried on talking as if by miracle she would understand :oops: :lol:
:lol: Your voice didn't get louder and louder did it shell? :lol: Oh! dear - we've all done it! Now I'm off to bed with a grin on my face. thanks for that :wink: Jenny
Your voice didn't get louder and louder did it shell?
are you sure it wasn't you on the other end of the phone :lol: why do we do it :wink:
It wasn't me that time shell! Goodness knows why we do it. :? I think we start off quite sensibly, but then when we feel things starting to go wrong, desperation sets in and all signs of intelligence flies out of the window. The one consolation is that you gave the Spanish lady something to talk about (thank goodness you can't hear what she's saying!) and I went to bed with a stupid grin on my face.
I like you anyway! :P Jenny
:lol: Thanks Jenny, glad I'm not the only one :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.