Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We have just came back from Marmaris and there was entertaintment along the sea front in all bars :cheers
May 5th to 12th and June 9th 16th was the same Entertainment evewrywhere along the beachfront.
some bars hadn't got an entertainment license so they were told to stop ubtil they did... now all is back to normal.
well ive been told by alot of people that the bar staff are not allowed to dance and that they are not allowed any shows on, breeakdancers, michael jackson shows, tina turner shows etc..

They carry on doin it but as soon as they see the police they stop (because they have someone on the look out for police
I dont understand why bars would need entertainment liscenses lol
all goes over the top of me !
We stay in Armutalan in Marmaris,and this year wasnt the entertainment as weve had in the past,seen breakdancers in one place,but the belly dancers were a pain!!greedy,came around for money afterwards my OH didnt have any small notes and put down 2 lira for her,I think she swore at him in Turkish and stormed off refusing the coins!!.We went into Icmeler a few evenings,entertainment was great there,went to Venice a couple of times and the its all payed for by the owner of the restaurant,male belly dancer,Michael Jackson, and juggler,dancing waiters,fantastic nights.h
I have just come back from Turkey, and the owner of the hotel we stayed in did tell us that this year bars/resturants and hotels that want to put on entertainment have to pay the government £60 and that is everytime they wish to put on the entertainment so that is why some bars are not doing belly dancing shows etc. After saying that I can't say I noticed a drop in the entertainment that was provided, perhaps not as much belly dancing and break dancing as usual.
I cant stand the belly dancers... greedy is an understatement!
Yes,we went in 3 different restaurants each night,same belly dancers!!Pity they dont have 1 lira in notes anymore,minimum is now 5 lira,but when you have given something to break dancers beforehand, and other entertainers it gets a bit much!! can be an expensive night out !!,break dancers are worth a tip!! in my opinion they work harder for it,belly dancers always bring along an old sour faced biddy with them!!.
I agree the belly dancers are very greedy and it is the same dancers going around every bar, so depending on your timing you could see the same dancer 3 times in one night which is what happened to us, in the end I just started to say no.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.