Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Welcome to HT. :) If you like it to be lively at night it will have to be the north. Look at Candolim, Calangute or Baga. We have resort reviews here and these are our hotel reviews. Have a look, see where you fancy and ask away :)
If i stayed in Calangute in the middle of the three, how far is it to Baga & Candolim?

Is it easy/cheap enough to visit the other resorts?

cheers.
You can get between resorts for about £2.50 (200rps) by taxi, or 8-15rps by bus.
Candolim beach tends to have less sellers than Baga and Calangute.
All have good restaurants and plenty of bars.
you can walk on the beach from calangute to either baga or candolim.
takes about 25/30 minutes each way at a stroll
OK Thanks. From what i have read, Baga is the busiest followed by Calangute with Candolim being the quietest, am I right in saying this?

What time do the bars tend to shut in these resorts? Does it vary? Are they restricted to certain times for 'last orders' or do they just serve while ever there's customers?

cheers. :cheers
Personally I would recommend Candolim if it is your first time... it'll break you in just right!!

As for closing times... before I first went a couple of years ago I was told everything finished at 10 pm, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I think that means music should stop at that time, in my personal experience bars seem to stay open for as long as people stayed in them and that included the shacks.

One tip though, if you do decide to stay in Candolim, be sure to explore Baga and Calangute otherwise you will miss out on a big part of the Goa experience!!

Enjoy - wish I was going this season :(
We usually stay in Baga but think nothing of taking a leisurely stroll along the beach to Calangute or Candolim,stopping at a shack(or 2)for a snack or drink. If you are having a day on the beach it gives you a bit of exercise while tanning at the same time!! Paula
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.