Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We always visit in June and have to say I have never in 12 years found it busy or noisy,ok the beach will be busy but as for restaurants,bars etc they are never full, I did find it quieter last year but hopefully it will be a little busier this year.
as the front cover of the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy points out "Don't Panic" !

We have been in April, Sept, Aug and although times are different, weather and people etc its never noisy !.. ok some bars are loud, some restaurants get busy but you have no reason to be struggling as there is plenty of space, places to go and things to do for everyone... find places and spots that suit your needs and use them... !

Steve
I work in a bar in Protaras. We are expecting Protaras to be quiet again this year.

If you want quiet I think you will get it to be honest.
Hi Cardiff lad, do you think Protaras will be quieter than last year then? I couldn't believe how much quieter it was last year, even our hotel was half full lovely for us as we had lots of room whilst sunbathing but not so good for the hotel.
They dont know exactly but they are guessing yes.

Flight numbers are down from this time last year so thats all they can go on.

I hope it's not quieter as a lot of the time last season it was boring.

The last couple of months there was hardly anyone walking up and down the strip.
I have to say you can put a bit of the blame on the tour operatorsl,holidays in Cyprus are just getting more and more expensive, maybe if they cut their costs a bit more people would be tempted to travel there,were probably in the monority we would travel to Cyprus whatever the cost, couldn't imagine ever going anywhere else.
Its not jut the tour operators. Scheduled flights into Cyprus are extortionate a well this year.

I was hoping to go back to the UK for a week to see family and friends before the season starts but I cant afford the prices they are charging.
I know what you mean, weve booked through First Choice as it was cheaper than booking direct with the hotel and then a flight.
At least its geting warmer here now so I can console myself with that lol.
Cardiff lad - you'll have us all feeling sorry for you, stuck there, in Cyprus, in a bar, with nothing to do, and its getting warmer. It's a hard life!!

I noticed last year things picked up in Pernera/Protaras in late September - actually had to wait for a table at a taverna one night, but April/May was dead.

I think the higher cost of holidays is due in some part to the fees charged by Pafos and Larnaca airports. We still managed to get a 2 week self catering for £440 each in May though.

Richie
If I had to put my money on one guess it would be due the tax being upped and added to everything that creates a knock on affect to everything we do... :que
Thanks for the replies, its much appreciated. We have noticed its more expensive this year too, we haven't booked yet but are really hoping to as we loved it so much last year. We prefer things less busy, but i guess us holidaymakers don't think about the people struggling to earn a living during the quiet periods :(
It will be difficult again this year.

The quieter it is the less money I earn so I want it to get busier again.

The other problem is that the money we earn in the summer has to keep us over the winter months as there is no work between November and March, well hardly any.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.