Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
whereabouts bryn? where did you see that?

tracey
x
Looked like the hills behind armutalan area directly behind some hotels
Turkish channel NTV but suspect it will be on most channels by evening news time.

Fire wasnt huge by some standards but proximity to the hotels is a worry.
Seem to recall there was fires last summer too. Think it's quite common.

Wilson ;)
HI,any more news about the fires,we are staying in the Armutalan area in august,Hope everything is OK :wave:
Wilson with the amount of efes that you promised to buy me I`m sure we will manage to put it out.Only 10 days to go !!
Stevie C :wave:
Just been on the phone to my parents who are there now, they said that the helicopters have been out dropping water since about 3pm, they seem to think it was quite bad, but didn't get that close.
:yikes just watched video of marmaris fire :yikes hope there is no casualties.
Wow,That looks a bit close for comfort :yikes Does anyone recognise the hotel or apartment block in the fore ground?
just watched on TV that fire is under control .
5 hectares wooded area has burned.
Dont recognise the block but hope it aint mine or no hols this year :cry
OH dear! :really Off to Armutalan tomorrow :duh Anyone know if its anywhere near Club Exelsior and if its under control yet?
Scary sight, I hope no-one got hurt during the crisis.
so it's started already... mostfires are caused by people, the ground is tinder dry and care has to be taken. It doesn't look that bad, but I hope they will replant with trees. I haven't got a fix on where it is yet, looks like back of Armutalan towards Siteler.
says in the sun newspaper today that club alize and portobello were evacuated , hope everyone is ok
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.