General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Ours think it is very uncool to be seen with us on a holiday. Hold on...it's OK if we're paying though :rofl The best holidays in their opinion have been the cruises. We hardly saw them for 2 weeks (That's quite good for us too ;) ).Teenagers like to meet other kids their age, ogle the fit lads, exchange mobile and MSN details and hang out chatting etc. Funny enough when I said that next year eldest wouldn't want to come away with us anymore she said she would if we paid !! :rofl
On our recent hols, my beloved teenagers were with us allday and all night to.....my 13 year old pestered me all day long to go in the pool, play ice hockey and pool. My daughter nagged me to sit and lounge with her on the sunbeds, reading and drinking ice cold sangria,s :cheers,I felt like I needed to be split in two, but.. I enjoyed every minute of their company, as at home they bicker all day long, with me and each other :yikes! On hols, they were dancing with each other, laughing and joking! Priceless! memories to treasure, as my daughter will most likely be off with her pals next year, end of an era as a family unit :cry
I just hope my youngest two will enjoy many a happy holiday with mum and dad for company (oh, and I must not forget nanna too!)
My brother and I used to read. A lot. In fact I recall one when he must have been 14 where he got through about 12 books in the 10 night holiday, using a book swapping place we found.

I was always happy with sunbathing, reading and the pool plus some exploring on my own. My brother and I would occassionally wind each other up in the sea or pool for a bit but mainly, yes, it was mooching. We would often make friends, together or separately and I managed to get some sneaky alcoholic drinks in without the oldies knowing.

At 16 my bro didn't come with us and I took a friend, which suited everyone. We saw them at mealtimes and that was about it.

This thread has really made me laugh - we don't really change over the years do we?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.