General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
do you know if this works on all o2 "genie" sim cards? as i've got one which, although wasn't free it cost me £9.99 from the o2 website, gives me 300 texts for £10, 500 texts for £20 and 1000 texts for £30 a month!

fantastic if it works!
I believe so, I am not entirely in the know or a total boff on the subject but I just know it definitely works!

It worked on my o2 genie mobile and I pay £10 a month, may be for 300 texts actually, not 500 so most probably definitely will!
great i'll try it out! thanks!
no idea how it happens but i've been abroad 6 times with my 02 mobile over the last few years (contract phone) and never once been charged for texts - really strange.

however once had a t mobile contract and used it and ended up with a bill of well over £100!!

long may 02 continue
im on 02 (genie) online contract and get 900 free texts and 500 free mins for £20 a mth and i was told that sending a text from abroad to another uk mob uses about 3-4 texts, but when i send my mother from the uk a text to her turkish mobile i get charged about 12-15p each text
I have a genie sim card for 02. How do you send this type of text message cpompard to usual one??

Ta.
hi joolz

a multimedia message is just a picture message, sending texts from abroad using this function will just be like sending a picture message except you don't add the picture to the message, i imagine!

it might be under your message menu as "multimedia messaging" or "picture messaging"

what type of phone have you got and i'll see if i can find out exactly for you?
:oops: :oops: I don't understand!!!! I have a Samsung flip up fone, pinky coloured!!!!

Checked under "my messages" and see the multimedia option. So...... do I just send my text using this option????

Thank!!
yep thats the option joolz!
Ooooh goodie!! I'll try it. Normally costs me 50p per text.
mine have always worked by just sending it as a normal text - although im on contract so maybe different, last worked like that in Majorca at Easter
If we use are English phones in Goa it costs 50p for a text and £2 a minute to phone back home. We got a Goan friend who had a mate who has a mobile phone shop in Margao to get us new Nokia multimedia phones, sim card and 800rps credit for approx £40. Using are Indian phones it costs 4p for a text and only 10p a minute to phone home, a lot cheaper :D
I'm on an o2 online contract and each time I've been to the Dominican Republic I've not been charged to send texts back to the Uk. They just use 4 of my free text allowance for each text I send. I get 500 free texts a month so for each 25 I send it takes off a 100 free ones...........if you get my meaning. It actually now mentions it on the o2 website, as I was confused before. I'm not sure about "pay as you go" though.
sam
if anyone is interested in knowing whether this definately works before they try it, I asked an O2 representative today who also happens to be a mate of mine and it does work!
It works for T-Mobile customers aswell - i phoned up to ask for my answering machine to be switched off before i went to america (Cos it would automatically phone me and therefore charge me to tell me i have a message!) and the woman gave me a tip - send any text messages by MMS instead of SMS and it wouldn't go on top of my £35 per month free stuff! (Im on the Flext 35 contract).
Hi All,
Does anyone know if it costs the receiver of the text anything off their credit to receive your message. :hmmm
Regards, Brigger
I dont think it does Brigger but im not sure.

It might cost you to recieve aswell as send a text abroad though.
Thanks Glittergirl, will give it a try from Ibiza this weekend,if my sister complains I`ll know it`s cost her to receive my text, but as long as I`ve got to send it for free....... Oh well she`s richer than me anyway. :lol:
Haha, let us know if she shouts at u :-P Have fun in Ibiza!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.