Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Oasis Del Sur
15 Posts
Ruby

The Oasis delSur is a nice urbanization towards the rear of the resort about 800m back from the sea front and about 15mins walk from the town center or the beach.
Thanks, not too far out then.
hi it is up nr to paridse park and is up a steep hill nice area though taxi are cheap
Hi, we have our own apartment in this area. The hill is not that steep at all, especially if you are young an fit. Definitely the nicer part of Los Cristianos. Go and enjoy yourselves. Oh and you can walk from Los Cristianos all the way to Playa De Las Americas and beyond, the coastal walk is lovely and lots of bars and restaurants en route.
The hill is not that steep at all, especially if you are young an fit.
As opposed to what, old and unfit. Or how about older and fit. Ah well, us wrinklies will have to stay in the less nicer parts of L.C. But hey, as long as it"s on the flat. :wink:
Gordon.
Sorry Chico, didn't mean to offend anyone. Just seems that people refer to it like it is Mount Teide they have to climb when in fact i'ts a slight incline (in my opinion).
Just seems that people refer to it like it is Mount Teide they have to climb when in fact i'ts a slight incline (in my opinion).

Depends where you are going!!!

Port Royale, Hollywood Mirage, Beverley Hills, Royal Palm are all 'Oasis del Sur' (and definitely not up a slight incline).

It's a nice area though and the good news is that you can walk down to town or the beach easy enough and it's only a couple of euros for a taxi back :wink:
Hi All

This slight incline I have been told is called 'Cardiac Hill'. We stayed at Hollywood Mirage last christmas and new year and even my 14 and 16 year olds who are very active in sport and definately no couch potatoes wouldn't walk up it. I can honestly say that bl##dy hill was the worst part about staying in these resorts and did put us off ever going back there again. Personally I think they are in a terrible location.

Regards Jackie
This slight incline I have been told is called 'Cardiac Hill'. We stayed at Hollywood Mirage last christmas and new year and even my 14 and 16 year olds who are very active in sport and definately no couch potatoes wouldn't walk up it. I can honestly say that bl##dy hill was the worst part about staying in these resorts and did put us off ever going back there again. Personally I think they are in a terrible location.

Regards Jackie

I think that last remark is a bit strong.

The area is beautiful and the Royal Palm/Beverley Hills part resembles a small white washed village. It certainly is an up and coming area with the completion of the 2 recent complex developments and the new commercial areas with new bars and restaurants opening you dont even have to walk far these days for the evening entertainments.

If I had 2 young teens who coudnt skip up that "hill" I would be very concerned. :roll:
Peter is right, I would be concerned if two teenagers can't manage that hill. I am 56 for heavens sake and walk up it every day when I'm in Tenerife - it's hardly Mount Everest after all. Still, no pain, no gain :wink:
Ruby Red, Which complex is the apartment on?
kh5028,
No problem, no offence taken. Have only been in the area once, so not having stayed there can"t say how the hill affects your holiday, but know a few people who have stayed in the area and they absolutely hated that hill. Even this thread has mixed reviews but I would imagine a few of those who fall on the plus side will be owners in the area. And I would"nt rule out staying there myself sometime in the future. Taxi!!! :)
Gordon.
That is never a hill more like a gentle slope, try staying above the aquapark,THAT is cardiac hill :lol:
Agree, not much of a hill in my opinion, have pushed pushchairs up there also have had my friends little one on my shoulder, carrying him from the Big ben pub upto the hollywood mirage.

It keeps you fit, best area in los cristianos in my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.