Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Oasis Tamarindo
84 Posts
its a new complex I am not sure if open yet.

nick :smokin
if you can speak dutch ( at least it gives you a picture and you can guess some) try http://www.flextravel.nl/spanje/fuerteventura/Corralejo.html
Hi thanks for the info

We are booked into the Oasis Village which I think is going to be beside the Tamarindos as I have photo's of something being built next to the Oasis.
We are having trouble finding accommodation for us to change to as there are 22 of us so we might have to stick with the Oasis Village even though is is having some very bad reviews? :(

Deb
The work going on beside the Oasis Village is not the new Oasis hotel, I cannot remember what the name was but it was certainly not the new hotel.
As for building work it spans all over Corr. and they are shutting old apartments/hotels and expanding like crazy. I think the new hotel is located up past the market/water park................. :shock:
Hi All,

We have been contacted by our operator 2 weeks prior to departure to Oasis Dunas Apartmnets saying they are over-booked despite our booking being made 13 months ago!

The only alternative they are offering us is a new build called Oasis Tamarindo Apartments.

Can anyone advise whether these are finished or still undergoing building works? What their location and facilities are like. Plus any other information most welcome.

Thanks so much. :(
Hi Cudicini and welcome to HT!

There is some information on these apartments HERE

luci :wave
We also got a letter from our Agent two weeks before we go to Fuerteventura, though we were due to stay at the Oasis Village and we have been "transferred" to the Tamarindo. The reason given in our letter was "the withdrawal" of English entertainment and "Intrusive building work being carried out" Like you too, we have been booked for over a year. The only thing I have been able to find out is that it is completed! Seen plenty of sites advertising it both for holidays and appartments for sale but nothing else.

Getting a bit late now as we go on Wednesday (10th August). Our Agent did send us a photocopy of their brochure page of the hotel, but most of the pictures say "prior to completion". I could scan it for you and e-mail it if it would be of any use?

Meanwhile.......... "Roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour"

Have a good one

Tony A :fly
Hi

We also had been booked to go to Oasis Village and have been transfered to the Oasis Tamarindos. We informed Direct Holidays in Newcastle in April about building work as we were very concerned and they told us there was no bulding work going on yet they informed us of building work 2 weeks ago by letter.
There seems to have been really bad reviews about the Oasis Village so I am pleased we have been moved.

There are some reviews on these web site
http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk and
http://www.oasisfuerteventura.com

Hope this helps you!
We travel on the 17th August may see you around the pool

Debbie
If anyone has stayed at this hotel please post a review HERE

luci :wave
Thanks for that Debbie. We'd looked at holidays uncovered before and not seen any reports. It's good to see reports from someone that's actually been there!

Well we'll keep our fingers crossed and if Direct Holidays ever stop changing the flight times we should get there sometime on Wednesday. Will post a report when we get back Luci

Hi folks,

Its the eternal moaner again !

Glad to hear that Direct have been made to pay for their 'erros' in Oasis Village. :cry:
Footnote to the person who started a slanging match :evil: - looks like the facts speak for themselves.
Enjoy your holiday guys ............... :D :wink:
Stayed in Tamarindos in July....

Stunning poolside area, and we got what we asked for with a pool facing apartment.

This complex only opened beginning of July and they were phasing the guests in, we were guinea pigs!

Rooms lovely & spacious, meals (Once the restaraunt opened) pretty good.

Entertainment woeful.....A guy Jean from Belgium was cool and tried his best but it wasn't happening...

Apparently the Village people :D who were moved to Tamarindos was because the entertainment there was cancelled !!! It wasn't, it was totally German....

We ventured up to Papagayo a couple of nights where they had half decent entertainment and top notch stuff for the little ones

A few fantastic staff members also, although most of them had handed in their notice early on !!!
Hi Mullzo

Great to see your review re Tamarindos.

We knew early on about the German entertainment (Direct Holidays did not inform us though when we booked!) but as there are 5 families, 22 of us in total we thought we could entertain ourselves.

Direct holidays also told us they had complaints re this hotel. We were told of building work going on through someone on this site and had photo's to prove it. I have even been going on a german web site where they were also bad reviews from German families.

I am so glad we have been changed even if this hotel is having a few teething problems.

How many English families were at the accommodation while you were there in July?

Deb
Hi Debbie,
We arrived 13 July and I would estimate there were about 80 people there, by the 20th and into our 2nd week probably 120 then just b4 we were leaving about 160....The complex can hold app 600 ???
So no probs with the sun loungers :)
Not that I think there would be when it is full, there are hundreds of them and the pool area is massive...

A fair mix of nationalities, Mostly German followed by English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish then some dutch, belgians etc...

My 12 yr old son ended up in a pack of about 20 kids of all nationalities and only one English boy...

We were told that 2 girls were being employed to carry out the entertainment just b4 we left so hopefully things will pick up there..

One night of entertainment was billed as Monday Madness put on by 2 Cosmos reps and it was Cringeworthy....Absolutely awful :x

The Germans though found this highly amusing :P

When do you go ? And if you need further info let me know....

Cheers :lol:
Hi Mullzo

Thanks for the info its greatly appreciated. We go on the 17th August flying from Glasgow, we are traveling from Gateshead and some friends are coming from Lancaster. 10 adults 8 girls and 4 boys it should be fun!

Could you let me know if the safe that you hire is in the room or at reception? could you hire fans? and last of all was the food really ok?

What a shame we were not there at the same time as we have a 14,12,9 and 7 year old boys in our group your son would of had plenty of english friends to have fun iwith in the pool.

We are nearly all packed to travel tomorrow night.

I will let you know on my return how things are going at the complex.

Deb
And the holiday can only be described as disapointing, I don't want to use up too much space here so if anyone wants to read about it, go to http://journals.aol.co.uk/acmda/HolidayfromHell/ It's a bit long winded and you need to go back to the first entry to get the true picture. Before anyone starts laying into me, This is only OUR opinion. Some others we spoke to there were quite happy.

We are going tp the oasis tamarindos in October for 1 week, i have read a few reveiws to date which don't paint a good picture of the complex. We will have 4 kids with us and was wondering if there is enough entertainment (except pool) to keep them occupied. Does anyone know if the children's play area is finished yet?There ages range form 1 to 6. Also I have read that the food is poor, does the hotel cater for kids in term of hot dogs, chicken nuggets etc that we know they will eat if nothing else on offer?

Has anybody been to local waterpark. If so how did it rate?

I also understand that there is building work going on, does this interupt the holiday in terms of noise, dust etc?

In the evening does ot get cold if wanting to sit by the pool bar.

Has anyone who has stayed at the complex, been totally satisfied? Any positive points to note.
[/u]
Hi Ezza ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you may now find some useful info in earlier posts.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.